View Single Post
Dreizehn
Void Walker

Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 AM

Ana was completely engrossed in her physical exercises after her stretching has finished, and had been so for at least thirty minutes. She had started out with endurance drills, then moved onto more combative work with one of the other soldiers in charge. Alternating between close quarters combat with a knife and without, she worked herself relentlessly. Determination and dedication was what willed her to make her body remember these movements. Wanting to embed the steps into her muscles so that it all became simple muscle memory. She wanted her body to move as fluidly as possible. Wanting to make her strikes and blows count as they should but also being able to dance out of harm's way successfully.

Backing away from her target, Ana executed a graceful back hand spring to gain some distance. Pushing her relentless bangs, that had freed themselves further from her ponytail, out of her face she was made aware that she and her partner were not alone as a small breeze had moments before come through the room. The chilled air was welcome now as she had worked up a small sweat. Her deep hazel green eyes sought out the newcomers as she assumed it was other soldiers coming to also utilize the training room now. Surprised slightly, though it had not registered, as she identified who had entered she made a point to go and greet the two men that stood near the doorway.

One of them she had seen previously here or there and briefly recalled a name. She thought it was something like, 'Felton' or such and he was a noted Tinkerer. Turning to the other male who was larger in build, she realized this was Christofer. She had noted the expression that had been on his face prior to moving towards them, and thought better about making some jest about his expression. Their future and handpicked leader for the rebellion would most likely not take kindly to any smart mouthed comment she had to make at that moment. Ana did not know much about him, nor had spoken to him much as there had not ever been anything really to say aside from a few exchanges concerning the rebellion's cause.

Acknowledging Christofer first, Ana gave the expected salute to her superior "Sir." before nodding at Felton. What was going on now, she wondered. Suddenly the thought clicked, were they finally ready to begin procedure on them?

"Has Palmer decided to get started with the mutations?" She was eager to know the answer, though kept her emotion from showing or belying her calm demeanor to the other two.

---x---

Edward had watched Kendra saunter off with a slight smirk, he was glad to have her on his side... Though he was sure that he would have to make sure to keep an eye on her, Kendra originally had begun work with his father and he was still unsure just as to how committed to him she was. For all he knew, the femme fatale could have been attempting to play him false. His eyes going back to the meager bits of information that they currently had, his attention was drawn to the entrance of Idiris Grey. It was funny how things came about to present themselves when you were only moments ago discussing it.

"Ms. Grey, a welcome sight to see you back. Perfect timing as we were beginning to wonder what had become of you." His eyes flicked over to Kendra as she had reappeared back inside of the tent to rejoin them. He listened as Idiris gave a briefing on her findings and presented the map sketches. Taking them from her, he looked over the crude drawings and was pleased at what he saw. She had noted details that most would have overlooked, and had dared to scout further than all of those that were currently under his command.

"These are exceptional pieces of work. I was beginning to wonder if the rebels had come across you and had taken you as a prisoner. Undoubtedly, you have given us a grand opportunity to start mobilizing." Handing the pad back to Idiris he looked to Kendra who began voicing her plan.

"I agree with your proposed plan, but would like also like to issue the command to be keeping some sort of personal watch on what is happening in the tunnels. I stress for you to use that you camouflage abilities or tools that you have." His eyes dropped to the belt that Kendra wore before returning to her face to make a point. "I want this mission to be carried out quietly as too many people involved will only lead to leaks to the rebels. If you come across any of those leaks, exterminate them. I want this airtight and successful." Turning back to Idiris, he added, "I have confidence that Ms. Grey will be successful in furthering her findings as well as making the infiltration go smoothly. She has you to help lead her after all Kendra. One given such an intelligent mind will not use it poorly anyway. I want periodic contact. Make it happen somehow without compromising your mission. Dismissed."

If all went well with what they were trying to do, it could mean for a different future. If things began to hit snags, then he would have to take some matters into his own hands. Looking between the two females, he was not the least bit concerned as he had two very capable women carrying this course of action out.