View Single Post
SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 PM

Ella couldn't help but grin at Ari's gesture. You didn't see much, for lack of a suitable word, chivalry nowadays and Ari's ways and mannerisms were quite amusing. "So, your mum's from Louisiana and inherited her accent. Pretty cool."
She held out her glass to Ari at the offer. The food was actually quite brilliant and Ella was clearly enjoying herself. She and her mum weren't fancy when it came to lifestyle, but that didn't mean that she couldn't enjoy a bit of fanciness when the opprtunity presented itself.

"No worries," she replied,"I totally get where you're coming from, even though my mum's a bit lenient." She fought the urge to comment on the "teeny and sweet" part, figuring that was, again, Ari and his chivalry. His parents gave of the high class impression. They probably liked things to be perfect, their son included. So, Ari going around by himself in a "dangerous" city would be out of the question.

Ella laughed heartily. " There fear of God?!" she said in between breaths," Are you serious? Of course you are. If you were a babysitter and had to deal with all sort of... stuff, then you'd be a little uptight too." She shook her head at him. The fear of God indeed.
"Okay, so you were right earlier. I am quite the geek. Besides the usual teenage stuff, reading is my life. I'll read anything, really, as long as it's interesting. Actually, I use the money I earn to buy books. That's all for me, what about yourself? Other than sweeping girls off their feet." She was referring to the little incident on the stairs of course, but she had no doubt in her mind that Ari was a ladies man.

" Ah, the accent," she said wistfully," If you had mentioned one more British country you would have had it. I'm from Wales originally. My dad still lives there. Mum and I moved here for better job opportunities. You know, someone once thought I was from Australia!" She giggled to herself. Atleast he was close.

Ella was enjoying the conversation, but hadn't fully let her guard down. She remembered how insistent Ari was about leaving the house earlier and couldn't help but wonder where that notion had disappeared to.
"So, now I have to ask, what happened to um... 'You better leave 'cause I'm leaving too'? You can't expect me to believe that you want to sit around here all night."