View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-27-2015, 04:07 AM

((To make things a little easier since Lexi can communicate through telepathy thoughts that she has to herself (unheard by others) will be just be italicized and thought that she has that others can hear will be both italicized and in yellow green.))

It was well into the night when the silvery white haired Neko finally returned to her makeshift home. The day had been long, but it had been more peaceful than most were as of late. Darius was trying to close in on her, something she wasn’t about to let happen. It’s been over ten years since she ran away from that man, the one who proclaimed himself to be her owner and master. That was a life that Lexi would never return to even it meant she had to kill Darius to secure her freedom.

Curled up on the pile of pillows and blankets that make up her bed snuggled comfortably beneath a fuzzy red blanket Lexi slept soundly. That was until the room flooded with a bright emerald green light, waking her. The feline jumped from her resting place letting out a loud hiss. The blanket that had been wrapped around her falling to the floor. Her pitch black tail puffed out to its max volume while her ears lay back flat against her silvery white hair. Catty eyes scanned the illuminated room only to find herself alone except for the stray cats that she shared her home with.

Just as the Neko began to relax a burning sensation spread over the right side of her neck and down the back of her shoulder. Lexi let out a cry of pain, clutching where her skin burned and glowed. Her nails dug in slightly as the searing pain brought fourth unwanted memories from her past. Tears threatened to spring forth from her dual colored eyes. Just as the young woman began to tremble with her arms wrapped about her, whispering “No” over and over, a gentle voice filled the otherwise silent room around her.

The voice was soft and calming almost like a lullaby. It told her that she did not need to be afraid. From this day forward she would no longer be alone and she would be even more in tune with the natural world that she loved and cared for. Now was the time for her to truly come out of the shadows she hid in for so long. The voice continued on as it sang to her telling Lexi to seek out Seran along with where to find him and how to get there. What had become a true lullaby continued on until the feline fully calmed herself. At some point a white and gold bow appeared in her left hand with a matching quiver with twenty-four arrows at her feet. This confused her more. The emerald light slowly faded along with the voice.

The room was once again pitch black. Blinking a few times her catty eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness around her. A few moments passed before Lexi sunk to the floor, sitting on the fuzzy red blanket and sat the bow by the quiver nearby. While she sat there, her mind going over what just happened, a couple of the kitties came over to her. They rubbed against her mewing lightly. Every so often they would look up at her with their golden eyes as if to ask her if everything was ok. This caused the young woman to smile. Reaching out she lightly scratched each and every one of them behind the ears.

“Looks like my life is about to get more complicated. One chain gone and another appears. Maybe I’m not meant to be free?” As Lexi spoke her hand traced the brand she would forever have on her arm because of a man she hated. Pushing those thoughts away she sighed. “To truly find out I guess I will have to go meet with this Seran person.” Lexi continued to speak with her roommates as she got dressed and packed a few of her belongings. It hurt her that she would have to leave them, for the past couple of years they had been her only true friends. I wish I could take you guys, she thought without realizing that her feline companions would hear her thoughts.

We will miss you, but we shall be alright.Be safe Lexi. Lexi jumped, looking around frantically. “Who said that?!” One of the older cats brushed against her leg. Unable to find the source she looked confused at her friends. It must have been her imagination. “There’s no way that could have been you guys. Either the lack of sleep or stress must be getting to me. Then again maybe this is all just some strange dream?” With a light shake of her head she slung her pack across her petite frame before pulling the quiver over her head then adjusting it so it fit her properly. Once that was complete the Neko picked up the bow, putting it across her body as well. “Goodbye my friends. I’ll come back when I get the chance.”

Cautiously the feline went out into the darkness of the night. As the lullaby had told her she made her way to the wall on the outskirts of the city. On her way she stuck to the shadows of the alleyways and back streets. When she neared her destination Lexi paused when her dual colored eyes spotted the two women, two men, panda and jackal where she was to meet Seran. For a little bit the Neko watched the group, quietly approaching them. Once she was a few yards off she climbed a tree before proceeding to move from tree to tree until she was in the one that the two brothers stood beneath.

While the group below her spoke the young woman merely listened to them as they spoke introducing themselves and talking about Seran. So they too, at least most of them, had seen the lights as well. Her hand rubbed against the marking that she now had on her neck and shoulder at the mentioning of the symbols. It wasn’t long before another woman joined them. Lexi watched them curiously from her perch in the tree. Can I really trust them? How do I know this isn’t a trap that HE set up? Is the jackal Seran or maybe the panda? Little did she know that her thoughts would be heard by some of the ones she was spying on.

------------------------

It was true that the younger of the two brothers was a bit grouchy or perhaps it was more of he wasn’t totally convinced this wasn’t one of his brother’s pranks. More than likely it was a combination of the two. Or maybe it was that he was a bit on edge due to the fact he hadn’t expected to run into strangers. “Nothing….geez I can’t give you a hard time brother?” Caden sighed slightly, his attention moved to the girls before moving to the jackal briefly.

“Vinny, I don’t think that your new friend is Seran. Maybe it’s Seran’s servant or something?” As he made his proposal he watched the small creature curiously. For a moment he reached out and pets it lightly. That was until he noticed the panda who had escaped his attention until now standing him. A small smile formed on his face as he rubbed it’s head gently.

“Inara and Anke,” he whispered to himself, memorizing the two names. Quietly he listened to them as they spoke. Anke questioning his brother and Roy asking questions as well. It seemed that his brother hadn’t seen the strange lights and stuff so he was clueless. He really was just tagging along to be a babysitter. His caused him to shake his head lightly. I told you I don’t need you to babysit me.

“What they are talking about does sound similar to what I seen this morning. And what I experienced.” Briefly Caden frowned his hand was resting on the left side of his chest, mostly covering collar bone, upper part of his chest and part of his shoulder. “It does have to do with Seran, but as to the fox no clue. Like I said maybe it’s his servant or something?”

Lightly Caden poked his brother in the ribs. “Is that really it? You don’t think I can take care of myself without you around?”

Roy went on about how he had a fever and stuff. Which was true, that’s how he had found his brother. “Yeah, Vinny here should be fine. If not I’ll make him return home and stop following after me.” Keeps the comment he considered adding to irk his twin to himself. A small smirk crossed his features.

The male gave a nod to confirm that Anke was talking about the same lights more than likely. Looking back at his brother he also cocked a brow. “Let me guess, if I do you want to see it.” Shakes his head chuckling lightly. “Yes I do have a mark. There was a burning sensation that spread over the left side of my chest. Unlike her though I didn’t wake up with a weapon in my hand or anything. I didn’t get one of those.” The wolf-boy sounds a bit disappointed by that fact.

As they continued to discussed things the male started to look around, sniffing the air. They were no longer alone. There was someone else out there, no two someones out there. The one caused he to tense slightly, as the scent was feline. Even though he liked cats there was something in his Ederulven blood that caused issues. While he was preoccupied with trying to determine where the feline scent was coming from another woman joined them. It seemed she was probably just like them, here because of having the same visions and hearing the same kind of lullaby.

This woman was human from her scent, but there was still the scent of a feline in the air as well. It was bugging Caden that he couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Especially now that it seemed to almost be right on top of them. His azure eyes continued to glance around from time to time to see if he could spot a cat or maybe the shadow of one. No such luck. Instead he was greeted by hearing some else’s thoughts.

Looking back at the women in the group a puzzled look crossed Caden’s features. The man had assumed one of them was asking these questions. “Well I would hope that we can trust each other. I don’t know who this HE is, but I don’t think this is a trap.” The thought of this being some kind of trap did cause the wolf-boy who was finally relaxing and opening up a bit to tense again, his eyes narrowing.

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 07-01-2015 at 02:08 AM..