Thread: Say I Do, Alibi
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-06-2017, 08:39 PM

Hino snorted at Elliot's response, not even bothering with a comeback. His words were too lame to even dignify one. Perfection? Maybe in his dreams. Grabbing hold of the scrap book, she flipped it open to scroll the pages with an irreverent air. Like Elliot, she wasn't interested in looking him in the eyes as they talked. "Hm, a hacker you say? Why does it always have to be a hacker type with you? If it was, there would be no reason to suspect me in the first place." She snorted again and rolled her eyes. The darkness offered by the bridge made it impossible to look through the fake book of memories, but she kept flipping through pages just to keep her hands busy. "But even if it was, that doesn't explain shit!"

Snapping the book closed, she finally lifted her gaze to meet Elliot's. "I got information that the cops knew the opals had been stolen only minutes after the deed. Way too unnaturally fast, like they had someone feeding them information. Someone from our side of the line. I guess they already had a suspect named out too," she scoffed. Herself, that was. Which honestly, it seemed like the cops learned about the existence of the black opals even before she did, those greedy bastards. It would have been a great haul if it actually existed.

Eyeing Elliot after his last question, she hummed for a second before deciding to answer. "I'd been hearing whispers for a couple weeks," she answered finally. "I'm sure you had too. I didn't know until today any real details though." Letting out a dry laugh, she shook her head. "I would have stolen them tonight, but I guess that's not going to happen. This is the first time someone besides you has taken something out from under me. Damn bastards are going to pay!"