View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 03-09-2018, 05:18 AM

"Good afternoon Miss Rivers, Master Winchester."

Skylee jumped in surprise at the voice, watching Sam whirl to place his body as a shield between Skylee and the owner of the crisp, British accented voice. Skylee saw a tall man with silver white hair, who looked a fair amount like Michael Caine, standing just inside the door of the suite. He was dressed in a crisp black suit, white shirt and black tie.

"I am sorry if I startled you," the gentleman said with kind, gentle eyes. "I am Jenkins and I will be your butler for the extent of your cruise."

"Butler?" Skylee says in shock, instantly chastising herself mentally again for sounding like an idiot in front of Sam.

"It is common on many cruise ships," Sam said, turning his hazel eyes on Skylee. His voice held no judgement; just relaying information. "They can make reservations at restuarants, both on ship and at many port-of-calls, along with making reservations at the ships salons and spas."

"Yes they can Master Winchester," Jenkins said with a smile. "Along with unpacking your bags and laundry. I am hear to help however you need." His eyes landed on Skylee's ankle and concern filled them. "Do you need me to summon the ship's doctor?"

"No, no," She hurried to reassure him. "Just re-aggravated an old injury."

"If you are sure Miss Rivers," Jenkins said with a nod. "Is there anything else I can get you? Perhaps something for the pain?"

Skylee opened her mouth to protest that she was fine, stubborn and unused to being pampered, but she was interrupted by Sam's deep voice agreeing with Jenkins' suggestion. With a nod the butler turned and left the suite, leaving Skylee alone again with the kind, gentle giant.

"I suppose you are used to all the attention and pampering," Skylee asked softly, after they sat in silence for a moment.

Sam chuckled, shaking his shaggy brunette head. "Honestly I have never really been comfortable with it. Though Jenkins seems nice enough and unobtrusive."

Jenkins returned shortly with a bottle of Ibuprofen and shook two tablets out into Skylee's hand. She took his proffered bottle of water and tossed back the pills. Sam lifted the ice pack to inspect her ankle for any swelling or bruising. His long fingers gently skimmed over the skin, prodding gently around the ankle bone.

"It looks good," he said sitting back, a hand unconsciously pushing his long hair out of his face.

"How about I unpack your bags while you rest," Jenkins suggested kindly. "Maybe avail yourself of a soak in the Jacuzzi later. You are scheduled to dine at the Captain's Table tonight, but I will inform them that you will be unable to make it and reschedule for tomorrow evening."

"I'm fine!" Skylee protested, sitting up and swinging her leg off the pillow.

"Hey, hey, woah," Sam said, leaping forward to stop her just as her foot landed on the floor and she winced. "I am sure you are fine but you need to rest it."

"I must agree with him Miss Rivers," Jenkins interjected his two cents worth.

Skylee sighed and relented, sagging back against the couch cushions. Sam gently lifted her foot buck up and settled it on the pillow, placing the ice pack back over it. Skylee found Sam's touch soothing and yet unnerving, it having been awhile since she had felt a man's hands on her.

"Can I bring you anything? Movies? Books? Board games? Coffee?"

"Ohh coffee sounds amazing," Skylee said smiling at the butler.

"I'll second that," Sam nodded.

After getting their coffee orders, Jenkins left the suite. Before Skylee knew it she was telling Sam all about the ranch and the horses. In exchange he regaled her with stories of pranks he and his brother had pulled on set, or run ins with crazy fans. Jenkins returned to find the two happily chatting and he couldn't help but smile to himself as he watched the two together.