View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 03-15-2018, 08:59 PM

Skylee's heart nearly broke for the poor girl, who's body language screamed fear. But then her mind started wondering and analyzing the situation. She had helped many a horse in this situation, could she possibly help the girl? Would Daisy even want her help? Perhaps she should just keep her nose out of the other's girl's problems. Was it rude to help her overcome this crippling shyness and anxiety?

This was why she preferred working with animals over people. There were no silly social rules or walls, or proper protocol. The animal needed help; you helped it. But people you needed consent and there was still all the social niceties and walls that humans threw up as protection and weak attempts to band-aid over the problem. (Pardon me while I pour some of me into Skylee. )

Her name on Tom's lips brought her attention back to the situation at hand and she pushed her thought to the back of her mind for a moment. She realized that she had no clue what the question was, her eyes subconsciously going to Sam as she tried to figure out how to answer properly when she didn't know what the question was. Sam gave her the briefest flash of a smile when her blues met his hazel eyes, before he turned his attention to Tom and Daisy.

"I think doing something as a group would be fun," he said, subtly letting Skylee know what the question was.

"Sure would," Skylee added with a nod. She shot Sam a thank you with her eyes, glad and a little surprised that he had read her predicament in her gaze. Sam's hand brushed her's in the briefest of touches, a subtly no problem, I got you. "What do you like to do Daisy? Anything you are excited to check out on the ship?" Maybe if they could do something that Daisy liked or was interested in, the girl would be more at ease about the whole situation.