View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 04:57 PM

Elias eyed the kid with skepticism, but shook his hand. Even if the other's presence was a surprise and an anomaly, he couldn't very well say that and he certainly couldn't tell him to go away. Still, Barrett baffled him more than anything. "Abandoned shack?" he asked, slightly miffed. "I assure you that my home is nothing like a shack, now-" He paused as he moved around the studio, seeming to tidy it up, but covering up bits of art in actuality. Just pushing corners out of sight and turning easels with a casual air like he was trying to keep that part of his soul hidden. No one had business associating his art with him though unless he invited it. Which only accounted for a single person at this point.

"Next time I hope you show some caution before walking into the first building you see, Barrett. But I suppose since you're already here, I'll invite you in for some tea if you're interested. My studio is cramped, so we can sit on the porch out back. It's a good view," he explained, motioning toward the door he'd just entered through. "I'm Elias by the way. Nice to meet you."