Thread: Social Sciences
View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 AM

While Daphne was getting settled, Ray couldn't help but watch her. He was focusing on his paper for a moment, but when she started signing the movement took his attention. After a few moments, the male slowly glanced down at his paper and started sketching. Flickering curves and small motions brought the impression of Daphne's hands to life . . . and it had nothing to do with the doughnuts and flowers that were sitting a few feet away.
As Professor Zens made her rounds about the room to check on the students and personally introduce herself, Koon chose to draw a different subject matter: Laine. They had been told to mess around with the charcoal as well as the pencil, so that's just what Ray did. It wasn't long before small sketches filled his page, nearly every one of them an impression from Daphne. It wasn't that he was trying to be odd, but merely that Ray had seen inspiration and just run with it. Why not? He'd drawn the doughnuts and flora too many times to count.

"Well. You've certainly made up your mind about the flowers. Are you tired of drawing them?"

Ray's blue eyes shot up to the instructor in surprise. "No, professor."

"I can see that the tiny spot there is dedicated to my specified model. And what is all this?" Zens eyed it for a while before stepping behind Ray and looking in the same direction he had been. Seeing Daphne, her eyebrows lifted. "I see. Have you spoken to her yet?" When the student replied with silence, she chuckled. "Be sure to say hello. They like that."
Instructor Zens moved from Koon's desk and headed to another student. It wasn't long before she'd reached Laine's desk. "Good morning, miss Daphne. Is this your first year in Everdusk, or have I been missing you in my classes?"

From where he sat Ray set his pencil down. Watching Daphne speak with Zens, he sighed quietly. The best models were ones you never spoke to. It was better when you could imagine someone instead of have their life problems fill the gaps in the story. He ran a hand through his dark hair, groaning mentally when he realized his fingers were smeared with charcoal. Brilliant.
Ray stood, carefully moving past Daphne as she spoke with the professor. There was a sink near the door, luckily. Just as he was reaching to turn the water on, someone bumped him from behind, making him knock over the container of paintbrushes near his elbow. The sting wasn't nearly as terrible as the rage that swept through Koon's eyes.

His expression carefully returned to a neutral mask, and he turned to watch the culprit walk off.

"Yo, sorry man." The gangster shrugged one shoulder and smirked in an uncaring manner. As he sauntered away, his baggy pants low, he received some whispers from his gathered friends.

They'll be trouble. Ray watched him for a few more moments before painstakingly searching under desks and counters for the scattered brushes. Sadly, there was always a war between factions, no matter how "unbiased" the school was. If he hadn't been an artist, Koon would have been classified as one of the emotionally unstable or depressant ones. Luckily for him, he didn't care.

Finally finding another brush, he stuck it in the can that rested on the counter beside the sink. So much for getting cleaned up.

((:XD I know, very manly. He's getting picked on already. :sweat: I figured it's the best way to draw attention to him. :lol:))