View Single Post
lslines
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-06-2009, 01:14 PM

41. Never be afraid to touch someone.

Emmanuel wished he knew what was wrong with Kailen. He’d suddenly become so awkward, unsure of himself. It was heartbreaking to watch him try and reach for Mikayl, then stop and pull away.

So he steals a move from Jess, sneaking up from behind and hugging the shorter boy. “You should never be afraid to touch someone,” he advises softly, ignoring the confused look he gets. “Not ever.”

It’s the most amazing feeling he gets, later when Kailen grabs Mikayl’s hand as they’re walking, and doesn’t let go.

He doesn’t know what’s wrong, but he knows Mikayl can fix it.

18. Someone asked me what I saw in you, and my only answer was everything.

As Mikayl runs screaming past them, Emmanuel sighs. “I don’t know what you see in him, Kai, really I don’t.”

“Hmm?” Kailen licks away at the icing covered spoon, as the sound of screaming and pounding footsteps echoes throughout the house. “What do you mean? I would’ve thought it was obvious.”

“Well, how about I ask direct. What do you see in him?”

“Everything.” Mikayl runs by them again, still screaming, this time followed by Jessica, screaming just as loudly. Kailen laughs. “Y’know Manny, I could ask you the same thing.”

Emmanuel smiles. “And you’d get the same answer; everything.”

12. Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to.

“You know that it isn’t going to work.” Emmanuel loops an arm around Jess’s waist and rests his head on her shoulder. “The two of them, I mean.”

“Well, that’s what faith is, isn’t it?”

“What?”

“Faith. Believing in something so completely when everything else says you shouldn’t. And I do believe in them.”

“Hnn. You can believe enough for the both of us then.”

“And you can have enough common sense for both of us.”

“Alright.”

“Great! Now I can join those two in their popcorn battle with no second thoughts!”

“Wait, Jess, don’t—!” He sighs. “Too late…”

9. You can't stay mad at someone who makes you laugh.

Mikayl is begging Kailen to accept his apology. Kailen is steadfast in his refusal.

Emmanuel watches in amusement, and wonders what stupid thing Mikayl’s done now.

“Manny,” Mikayl turns to him, whispering, pleading for advice. “How can I get him to forgive me?”

“I don’t know, “Emmanuel shrugs. “Make him laugh?”

Thirty seconds later and the two of them are having an in-depth discussion about suicide threats being made by people suffering multiple personality disorders, including whether or not it could be considered a hostage situation, and if it was suicide or murder.

Kailen never was very good with jokes.

45. A promise is all I want; a promise that you will never forget me.

He doesn’t want this to be the end. Really, he doesn’t. But it has to be, so he makes the order. “Do it.”

Kailen’s hand is shaking as he raises the pistol. He brings the other hand up to try and steady himself and takes aim. Good boy, Mikayl thinks, never forgetting your training, even in moments like this.

“Just, before you do it, promise me something.”

Kailen nods, obviously not trusting himself to speak.

“Don’t forget me.”

Kailen licks his lips and mouths the words.

I promise.

The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot, and everything goes dark.