View Single Post
fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Penpal

Old 01-13-2015, 02:29 AM

Jan 12, 2015

Today was my last first day at Ivy tech. I had 3 classes today, and two of them are with professors that I know. My first class was Income Tax (accounting 105) with Mr. Hartog. I didn't know how he would feel about having me in his class for a third semester in a row, especially since he's always joking with me about me being high maintenance lol. He seemed really happy about it though, and bragged to the whole class about what a good student I was, and how he's enjoyed having me in his classes. He said he would be sad to see me go, but he knows I'll come back to visit :D He kept complimenting me and giving me praise, and that really made my day. I talked about how I was homeschooled, and one of the guys said he admired me for being able to do that, and didn't think he could. That made me feel good as well, because a lot of people look down on homeschoolers. Once class was over we joked around a little bit, and he showed me a picture of his daughter's office view (she works in Indianapolis, and her view is of the river and buildings - it's really nice). I told him to take a picture of his view, which included the highway and the sound barrier wall to block the noise of the traffic for the nearby houses. He thought that was hilarious, and said he was definitely going to do it. We joked around some more before he left, and I had to leave for my next class. Before I left I spent some time talking to some of my classmates, and one of them seems really cool (the one who complimented me on being homeschooled).
My next class was with Dr. Clifton, and I saw Elisha in there (which I wasn't all too thrilled about because she talks without being called on, and thinks she knows everything). I commented on how it looks like we'd be having a third class together, and I sat down. I turned around for some reason, and saw Audreauanna sitting there waving at me! I was so excited!!!!! We started talking about how it was great that we had the class together, and how excited we were. It made me so much more comfortable that Auddy was in this class with me, because we get along so well. :) The class went by pretty quickly, and it seems like it'll be a fairly easy class.
My third and final class of the day was Econ. I knew Gabe was going to be there, but I was still on edge because this was the class they had switched professors on me. Instead of it being Dr. Bennett, it was some guy I had never heard of. I had an hour to kill before class started, so I sat in the class room and looked at my iPad. This guy walked in and smiled at me. He sat in the very back on his laptop, and started talking to me. He mentioned how cold it was outside, and we started talking about how much we both like the snow. I realized he was the same guy from my personal finance class. We talked about movies that had just come out, and he gave me the name of a website where I could watch movies for free legally, and it wouldn't put viruses on my computer. Gabe came in, and the class started to fill up. This red head chick started talking to me about random stuff like she knew me, and would not stop talking. Gabe told me he had her in three of his classes, and he considered dropping those classes because he couldn't stand her (-this was after class).
The professor walked in, and he was pretty intimidating. He was dressed in a full suit, had a broad build, and a deep voice. He made some (very) small talk as he got his things together, and then began the class by introducing himself. Gabe sent me a text saying he didn't think this class would be much fun, and I replied that I didn't think so either. As the class went on, the professor started loosening up and joking around with us. He saw that I had my Ohio State t-shirt on, and he joked around with me about the team. I'm still a little worried about how this class will turn out, but hopefully it's not too bad.

Challenge:
12. My room
My room has pink rose colored walls, a chandelier, a white fireplace mantle with candles in it, white tile, a canopy bed, and a cherry wood wardrobe.

Last edited by fireprincess; 02-06-2015 at 07:53 PM..