View Single Post
Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 AM

Here ya go! It's not overall fantastic, but it's my first, unedited version. Later I'll probably go ahead and fix it so that it's better.

Sanoko was walking down a path toward her little home in Foxletia when she tripped across something small. She bent down to see what it was and discovered that it was a little egg with what appeared to be a tail. Intrigued by it, she picked up the egg and took it back to her house. Three days later it started rocking and making strange noises then hatched into a small baby Foxlet. The little Foxlet was very energetic and ran around, playing with anything it could. Then, another five days later, Sanoko came home to find an adolescent Foxlet. It had magically grown from a child into an adolescent. In this stage, the Foxlet was calmer, but still fairly energetic. The little Foxlet made mischief, but never did anything to cause harm. Then a week later the Foxlet entered its final stage. It was an adult now and was more calm and rational. It knew more about how the world worked and knew that it would have to leave Sanoko eventually so that it could meet others of it’s kind and start a family.
“I have to go now.” It said to Sanoko one day. She looked down at it in shock.
“I didn’t know you could talk!”
“Yes, well I’d rather you didn’t tell anyone.” It sighed.
“I won’t I promise.”
The next day, the Foxlet left and joined a group of others. Sometimes Sanoko would see him out with his family, but he never even noticed that she was there. Several months later, however, he returned to her with his family.
“We have discussed it and because of your loyalty and care that you gave me, we want you to have three of our eggs. You’ll take good care of them. I know this.”
With that, they left the eggs with her and returned to their home in the wild.
Sanoko kept the eggs. They grew up into wonderful Foxlets and stayed with her.
She has kept all their secrets.