View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-03-2013, 01:08 AM

Character options and Rules

Our story can have witches (male & female), vampires, werewolves, and humans. I'm keeping it simple. If you have a really creative idea to have some kind of spirit-being, or troll-like person (or other ghoul, etc.) PM me with your idea and we'll discuss it.

Before you join, you MUST read the other character profiles first. If we have seven females and three males, and you try to add a female, I'm going to turn you away. If we have seven vampires and you want to add a vampire, I'm going to turn you away. If we have any characters who can shapeshift into a purple giraffe, and your character can shapeshift into a purple giraffe, I'm going to turn you away. Are you catching my drift? Be diverse. Vampires need to be different from other vampires, humans need to be different from other humans, etc.

We also NEED ANTAGONISTS. Bad guys who cause trouble, monsters who want to turn everyone into mindless zombies, whatever, I don't care, but we need good guys and bad guys to make the story whole.

Witches:
Witches can do a lot of stuff, being that they can cast spells and do all that fun stuff. (Can you tell I don't know anything about witches?) So witch abilities are sort of endless. They do not have superhuman strength though, or senses. They do appear human. They also live longer than the average human, around 200 years.

Vampires:
All vampires have superhuman strength, senses, etc. They all also have the ability to compel other creatures (will them into doing things for them, etc. - by making eye contact and telling them what to do/not to do.) The sun doesaffect them, unless they're wearing some sort of enchanted charm that allows them to walk in the sunlight. (These can be acquired by the help of a witch.)

They can also have one or two other small abilities (like: telepathy, shapeshifting into a single creature, etc.). The abilities can not be the same as any other vampire in the story. Vampires are allergic to wood and silver, as well as garlic. The strong odor of the garlic confuses their senses and foils mind control.

Vials of pure garlic extract can be consumed if one suspects they may soon be attacked by a vampire. When the vampire bites, he will soon find his throat burning, like he'd consumed acid. Large amounts of this in a vampire's system can be used to subdue him. Young vampires cannot cross running water. Vampires heal quickly and their blood heals humans quickly as well. Vampires can only enter a home when invited in, but can freely enter into any building not considered a home for humans.

Vampires can only turn others into vampires by blood-sharing. This means, a vampire feeds on a human and a human drinks the vampire's blood. They would have to share a loottt of blood for the human to actually change. But by sharing, they can in that moment, share one mind and soul, and it causes them to be able to speak telepathically to each other, as time goes on. The only other way for a human to become vampire is if they have vampire blood in their body (they can be forced into a situation like that if you want) and then they die. Within the hour they would awaken, a starving, young, crazed vampire.

Werewolves: All werewolves in human form are strong than a human, but not as strong as a vampire. They still have superhuman hearing, sight, and smell. Their body temperatures run higher than a normal human, making them feel as if they're running a slight fever. Changing into a werewolf and back would render the shifter naked. Werewolves who've had years of practice can change at will, not just on a full moon. It's very painful, but hurts less the older a werewolf gets.

A werewolf lives longer than a human, around 120 years. Werewolves are allergic to silver. Aside from that, a vampire bite is the only sure thing to kill one in its wolf form. They are also repelled by wolfsbane. People plant it around their homes and it masks the human scent quite well. Pure wolfsbane extract can also be used to subdue a werewolf, if you can get it into his system. (Putting it in his drink, or giving him a shot of it.) Werewolves also heal very quickly. Werewolves can turn humans into werewolves by biting them while in wolf form. A female human who becomes pregnant by a werewolf, will also become werewolf by nature so that her body can handle the litter. Werewolfs typically mate for life, but some are rebels.

Werewolves and Vampires are natural enemies. A bite from one or the other would kill the bitten, slowly, over the course of a few days, causing the victim fever and hallucinations and making them violent throughout the course of it.

Character ideas that would be useful (these can be human, vampire, witch or werewolf, too):
Doctor at the local hospital - who makes house calls, too
Police officer
Mayor
Diner waitress/waiter

RULES:
- Follow Mene rules and TOS.
- No Godmodding.
- Post at least once a day. (I can understand life - I have one. I get tired and lose inspiration sometimes, too. But don't make us wait more than two days without a family crisis or you'll get the boot. In other words, don't make us wait because you're being lazy.) Most of us can post throughout the day. So if you can't commit to that, don't join and ruin it for the rest of us.
- Post in paragraphs. NO one-liners EVER.
- If you want to join, PM me with your character idea (by filling out the character profile skeleton below), and when I give you the go ahead, post your character picture and profile in the RP along with your first post.
- Above all else, be creative and have fun!

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-03-2013 at 09:01 PM..