View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Kurako nodded a bit as the other showed him the healing cut. The half-elf had been concerned, but he had tried not to show it so easily, he hardly knew this person. Though soon a map was being handed to him, he hadn't truly expected one to be handed off to him. Then he truly wasn't a prisoner, at least not of this man. What kind of captor handed out a map so easily? Unless there was no escape from this place. No, it wasn't that simple. The things this man said, it made it not this simple. Kurako accepted the rolled up map and laid it across his lap, then he began to reach for his tea.

His hand stopped. "Nothing. I am nothing, but that's not the answer you want. My mother was an elf and my father a human." Having the blood of both races in his veins made him a part of neither world, unless his heritage was closely hidden. Other elves would have tolerated him for a time, but then his curse would complicate things. He picked up his tea cup and sipped at the liquid some more, it was a strange drink, it seemed to soothe his soul a little. He rather liked it. His eyes hadn't flickered or waver though, hiding whatever emotion he had felt or was feeling. There was just a wariness and a calmness in his gaze.

Though Kurako had only taken to pieces of fruit, the second one finding it's way to his lips now, there were far more pieces missing from that tray. Sleight of hand, a trick any thief worth his salt would be good at it, those other pieces of fruit had found their way into a pocket. He idly wondered if the other had noticed. That tongue flicked across his lips as he finished his second piece of fruit. "You have yet to tell me your name." The words were spoken in a matter-of-fact tone, but it was fine wit him if the other kept his name hidden. Some believed there was power in a name, a lot of elves seemed to believe in that sort of thing.