View Single Post
Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-01-2009, 03:18 PM

Okay, this is something that my little sister has been wanting to make for a long time, and so I thought I would include this in the food art category (where I would assume it goes, since you don't actually eat it).

Feast your Eyes
Username: Rabid Rainbow
Link to entry: Enter if you dare!
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?: Well, as you can see it is a haunted gingerbread house. We found the recipe/instructions in an American Girl holiday book that I have and my little sister has been wanting to make it for a long time. The house is 2 half gallon drink cartons (like Minute Maid orange juice) covered in chocolate graham crackers with white gel icing for the brickwork, and the towers are paper towel rolls covered in chocolate icing with chocolate covered ice cream cones as the points. The ghosts are nutter butters covered with white icing and have mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth. The tombstones are Milano cookies with orange icing for the RIPs and the BOOs. Chocolate wafers covered in chocolate icing and trimmed with orange icing are the windows and door, the pathway is Cocoa Pebbles lined with candy corn pumpkins, the fence is broken pretzel rods, and the trees (which are kinda hard to see) are split black licorice stuck in peanut butter cups. And the ground has crumbled chocolate graham cracker for dirt.