View Single Post
YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 PM

Ah, I love this feeling. It unites people under a similar struggle and can push them to new heights. Actually, until recently, I had resigned my entire art portfolio for similar reasons- that I really didn't want anyone telling me how my art skills were lacking- but you should never quit something that you have a passion for. Like whitebeast said, some people are just naturally more "skilled" in one talent than others are, but it doesn't mean you can't match them one day if you wish to do so. Keep drawing, painting, and decorating. Learn from others and ask for their criticism and you'll move forwards.

Also, there's something to be said for people who have an admirable talent. I encourage you to look at a few masterpiece-artists and leap back in time to see where they started off. Kawaiihannah is a good example and I would argue that Arc Angel (or another Menewshan who has been drawing for years) is another great one. Sure, their works may have been great back then for various reasons, but many times the difference in their "talent" is clearly visible as their art slowly becomes even more beautiful. Don't give up. Stay away from the negative energy and, above all else, keep pursuing what you love. n.n