View Single Post
Mirielle195
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 AM

A/N: Oh well she basically brought him back to life. I like this next part. I think you'll be surprised by the last scene here hehe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the spirits took Pristine to the middle of the forest. In the center was a huge waterfall. Pristine felt power radiating from it. The water was so clear, Pristine saw the bottom of the lake, which was a hundred feet deep.
The Earth spirit shouted, “Oh Guardian of the Cave of Corlana! Please reveal yourself to us!”
The waterfall formed into a female figure. Glowing blue eyes opened up.
“Who has summoned me?” she asked.
The spirits urged Pristine forward.
“It is I, Pristine.” she said out loud.
The guardian’s eyes soften as she smiled.
“I’ve been waiting for you, Child of Light. You’ve come for the Sword of Corlana, haven’t you?”
“Yes, I have. My parents have told me about it, but I think I’ve always known for I’ve used it before. I was just afraid to realize who I was.”
“I know that princess. The experiences you have had in this lifetime and your other two have been trials for this day. You are worthy of being called ‘The Child of Light’. You have done Corlana proud. You may enter now. To get over here though you must leave any items and weapons behind. This includes the Crystal of Life. Also, you can’t touch the water for it is sacred.”
Nodding, Pristine took off her weapons and bag with the crystal in it. Placing her hands on her chest, she closed her eyes and concentrated. Suddenly, wings of light sprouted from her back as light radiated from her. She flew over the water and landed right next to the guardian.
“I knew you’d be able to use the light inside of you, Pristine. Are you ready?”
“I’ve been ready for over a thousand years.”
Pristine grinned.
“Then enter.”
The rest of the water split up, revealing the entrance. Pristine took a deep breath and entered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the next several hours, everyone began to assemble. Mallian was back with her people as the water folk made their preparations for the coming battle. Mallian’s eldest brother, Seamus, was the one in charge of the Oceanica army.
“Mallian, I’d rather you and the women and children stay here.” said Seamus, who looked to be thirty.
“Seamus, you may be the general, but don’t forget who’s on the council.”
In Oceanica, the council held the most power besides the rulers. Mallian was the youngest council member.
“Mallian is right Seamus. Besides, this is the battle that will decide the fate of Serenai. There’s no way any of us will miss out on this.” added Mallian’s younger sister, Coral, who looked to be twenty.
“We won’t be in the battle Seamus.” replied Mallian.
Seamus sighed before giving in and said, “Oh, very well.”
“Thanks big brother!”
Coral hugged him.
“Okay, Mallian, lead us to the designation spot.” ordered Queen Emmeraya.
“Yes, your majesty.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drock and the dwarfs were already going through the caves that led to the valley. “Now Papa, can you tell me why we are going to the Unicorn Kingdom?” asked a dwarf boy named Onyx.
“Because my son, Drackor told us that’s where the final battle will take place.” replied a dwarf named Broc.
“Father, I sure hope we win.” replied Drock.
“Oh, we will. I just know it.” replied Broc.
Broc happened to be Drock’s adopted father.
“I believe you.”
“Oh! I can’t wait to meet the princess again!” exclaimed Onyx.
“Now Onyx, you just be sure to stick with your mother and sister until the battle is over.” ordered Broc.
“Yes, Papa.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pixie’s group were all in the center of the Mystical Forest where the Tree of Spirits was. They were all gathering their materials and weapons together.
“All right now! I can see we are nearly assembled. Now remember, once the faeries return, we’ll be on our way.” announced Pixie, who was in charge of the elf division.
That’s when a large group of faeries appeared with the midnight swans, golden falcons, and other creatures of that area.
“Wow, I can’t believe you found them, Marygold.” Pixie gasped at the leader of the faerie division.
“Ha ha, actually it isn’t too hard to find them. Especially when Drackor told them to find us.” Marygold laughed.
“I guess everyone is eager to see the princess again.” commented the leader of centaurs, Windsor, a silver centaur.
“Oh yes, indeed. Is your division ready Windsor?” asked Pixie.
“Yes, they are.”
“Bronzewing! Are the gryphons ready?”
Bronzewing was leader of the gryphon division and was a bronze and brown gryphon. “Yes, Lady Pixie.”
“Stormrider?” Pixie asked a silver male winged-lion.
The leader of the lion division grinned and replied, “We are always ready!”
Pixie laughed.
“All right! Let’s go!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was early afternoon as Pristine made her way through the cave. Water dripped from the silver walls of the cave. The sound was magical to Pristine’s ears. It seemed to take forever until she finally made it to the end. There was a wall in front of her with ancient writing on it. Pristine read it as,
~Only Corlana’s daughter may enter.~
She saw indentions on the wall that resembled a hand print. Stepping forward she placed her hand on it. Suddenly, the wall moved to reveal a large room. The oval-shaped room contained a marble statue in the center holding a tray. On the sterling silver tray was the Sword of Corlana. It was make of crystal and sparkled in the cave. The hilt was made out of silver and gold. It was magnificent. It was as light as the light within herself. Also, there was a white flame surrounding the statue. Slowly, Pristine walked toward it and passed through the sacred fire unscathed. As soon as Pristine touched the hilt of the sword, she felt a surge of power rushing through her. The entire room was engulf in the light. Soon it died done. Pristine appeared different as well. Physically, she looked the same, except she looked more wise and formidable. Inside though, she was different for power radiated from within. It took exquisite control to keep it under control. Still, she knew she was not yet powerful enough to defeat Zeather. At least she held enough power to face him. Taking the sword and placing it in her scabbard, she left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While everyone else was making preparations, Zeather and his forces took Lance and the others to his camp. Lance, Kyra, Sir Reginald, Ophealia, and Grayson were placed in a cage as well as the other outlaws, who were placed in cages too. Lance was furious. Everyone tried to calm him down, but it was all in vain.
“The others are still out their bro.” reminded Grayson.
“Yes, I know! But have you noticed that Zeather’s entire army is here or at least from the looks of it? If Pristine should try to save us, then she’ll get caught!”
Ophealia finally snapped from Lance’s anxiety. She stepped towards him and suddenly slapped him across the face. Everyone stared in shock, especially Lance.
“Now you listen Lance! You’re acting like a whining boy. Pristine will be all right. You’ve got to have faith in her as well as the others.” she replied.
“Man Lance, I’m ashamed of you. You never use to complain or mope.” said a voice.
Everyone looked to the back of the cage and could not believe their eyes. It was Aaron and Adrianna!
“How’d you find us?” asked Kyra with a huge smile.
“We’ve been following you ever since we last met. When you-all were at that palace in the Mountains of Eternity, Inion found us and told us to keep an eye on you.” explained Aaron.
“Don’t worry about the others. They are safe. Inion gave us a skeleton key. They are extremely rare.” added Adrianna.
“I’ve heard of those. A skeleton key can unlock any door.” replied Ophealia.
“Where’s your gang?” asked Lance.
“Freeing your men. We managed to get a hold the keys.” grinned Aaron.
“I owe you big.”
“Can you let us out now, please?” asked Grayson.
“Our pleasure!” smiled Adrianna.
Taking the skeleton key, she unlocked their door, and set them free.
“Now to get our weapons.” mentioned Lance.
“Don’t worry about it. We have them right here.” replied Adrianna as Aaron pulled up a sack with their weapons in it.
“How’d you get them?” asked Grayson.
“It was easy.” boasted Aaron.
“Let’s get out of here.” suggested Ophealia.
“Follow us.” instructed Adrianna.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hehe, bet you didn't expect to see Aaron and Adrianna huh? Hope you remember them hehe. And I just loved the part where Lance lost it and Ophealia let him have it hehe. This is Aaron's way of making up for accusing Lance hehe.