View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-18-2017, 09:10 PM

[/COLOR]
January

I woke up at 11:15am, late, I know. I've been waking up later and later since the accident.

Usually, when I am home from work, staying with my mom and helping her, then life seems to just pass me by. I feel as though I lose a proper schedule and my life sort of spirals down, down into depression and my "schizophrenia" gets much worse.

Anyway, fast forward to 11:45am, I watched Les Miserables with my mom. It was fun.

Around 1:00pm we had a lawyer come over to discuss the accident. He saw the police reports and we established that the woman who hit my mom (and nearly hit me) at the crosswalk had failed to yield and was in the wrong. Next, we had to just wait until my mom got better before moving forward to press charges. It's a load of paperwork and busywork. I don't understand why these things can't be faster.

"Oh you were hit by ____? She owes you ______." It's really simple, yet they make it really difficult and technical. Clearly, anyone who hits a pedestrian is at fault, why can't they just skip all the paperwork and make her pay for my mom's medical bills?

Anyway.

2:00pm, I did pilates in my (now completely empty) room. (It's empty because I packed everything and all of my boxes are sitting in the garage right now.) After that, I lit some sage and meditated. After my meditation, I showered up, helped my mom some more and now I'm here.

I plan to spend the rest of my day making some juice for my family and cleaning out my bunny's home. Life hasn't exactly been "good" as of lately. I found out that a friend of mine who I met on a mental health forum has committed suicide. That's never "good". So far, this year has been the worst. 2016 wasn't so bad. Yes, celebrities died, but it wasn't anyone I knew personally. I always get weirded out when people get really upset over a celebrity's death, especially when they never met, and that celebrity didn't know that person existed. I understand if they touched your life in some way, but really, unless you knew them, it is not the same as losing a close friend that you knew, loved and met on a personal level.

That's just my two cents, though.

So yeah. This year sucks. My friend committed suicide the day after my birthday, my mom was hit by a car two days after my birthday...

Still, I am going to do my best to stay positive and keep a good attitude about it.