View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-15-2014, 03:45 AM

The teenaged male pulled the blanket over his head attempting to ignore the knocking on his room door. “Go away!” He knew well what the person on the other side of the door was here for and he wanted no part of it. “Aiden, don’t be that way. If you don’t take your medicine as scheduled and Dr. Rhodes finds out we will both be in trouble,” the nurse’s tone was soft yet stern as she entered the room. A groan came from the young man as he curled up into a tight ball underneath the blanket, holding it to keep the nurse from uncovering his head. “Aiden! Stop acting like a little child and take your medicine.” The nurse grabbed the blanket roughly and yanked it off of her patient. Aiden glared up at the woman, only his azure eye visible to her. “Quit calling me Aiden. I’m Jake and like I told you before I don’t want those nasty things.” After more arguing and the woman finally resorting to violence the amethyst haired man was forced to take the pill she brought to him. Due to his agitated state the medicines to calm him took effect rather quickly. He had little chance to fight it and within 15 minutes he was out like a light.

It was several hours later when Aiden awoke. His mind felt fogged as he sat up in bed and he found himself having trouble remembering what happened before he fell asleep. Feeling annoyed he punched his pillow. This was all that man’s fault. This had to be a side effect of another one of his damn experiments. His anger rose at the very thought of that man and all he has done. After a few moments passed he forced himself to relax. He needed to save his anger for the next time he meet Dr. Rhodes. The young man stood and to over to his closet. He picked out a black shirt, purple and gold vest and a pair of black jeans to wear. As he ran a hand through his hair he thought he heard a voice out in the hall. It didn’t sound like one of the hospital staff, but instead a little girl. Even though all he really wanted to do was to clear his mind and relax the voice had made him curious. Knowing what he wanted and what would more than likely happen was two different things he decided to see who was in the hallway.

The teen stretched a bit before peeking out into the hall. Just a few doors down he seen a little girl (Alice) walking in the middle of the hall. She seemed to be looking for someone or lost. Aiden knew he would probably end up kicking himself later, but he ventured out into the hall. He gave the little girl a smile as she approached her. “Hey there little one. Are you lost?” The older male’s voice was gentle as he knelt down in front of the girl. He guessed that the girl couldn’t be no more than eight or nine years old from her appearance. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes as he looked at her. So young and she was roughly the age his twin brother had been when he died. It made him feel sick to think about what she has probably already been through and what she would probably go through in the future.