Thread: The Artifice
View Single Post
GregDinskisk

Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 AM

Intro

Imagine that all that we know is false. Imagine that the chair you're sitting on, the keyboard you're typing on, the screen you're looking at is all fake. Non-existent. Simply not there. Keep that as your mindset during this.

Idea

I would like to introduce to you a world that is a lie. Story progresses, it could be anything from 'boy meets girl' to a 'vampire high school' kind of thing. I however, will change things to my wanting. I will play as characters, doing whatever I want to meet my goal. My goal will not be clear as of now. Soon though, they will start to notice my character, 'The Bender of the Artifice', the 'Dungeon Master', the 'God'. I'd prefer that you, the 'Players of the Artifice', keep the original story to be more science fiction/thriller than cheesy romance, or trying to keep it open to such things.

More Details

This is different, so I can expect that some people won't understand it, or will dismiss it entirely. Hopefully, some people will find this extremely interesting, and will keep reading. I'm just going to have some details about this for now, that I may add to later.

1.) This is different than any other form of RP I can think of, so I'm putting it in the general RP's until either I think of something, depending on how the story goes, or until a moderator puts it somewhere.

2.) Yes, I am going to be GOD-MODDING a little. Don't worry though, it won't be completely crazy, although some things may get out there.

3.) You may be wondering what an 'Artifice' is. That's simply what I'm calling this world, which is bent to my will. That's what it is: my will. If I don't like something, I'll change it a little. What you do in this story will be your choice, but I can change things slightly, as I hold that power. If you really don't like something I did, and you feel upset about it, pm me. Either I'll change it back, I'll erase the change, or I'll change the change to something that works. If I can't do any of that, I'll explain to you why.

4.) My character is the villain. I was thinking about keeping that from you for awhile, but that's silly. It's a little obvious that my character is the villain, judging from all I've written. Your character's goal is to A.) Figure out my characters motives, B.) Stop them (unless you think that they are worth following through, and C.) get out of my control.

5.) Characters may die. I'll warn you ahead of time, if I believe your character will be biting the dust soon. This may be a deal breaker for some, but I'd personally like to create the first RP in Menewsha that actually has an ending. No, that is not my pure reasoning for making this.

6.) Me, and ONLY me, will have multiple characters. One of mine is the changer, and the other will be somewhere between a primary and secondary character. I'm making two for me so that I can give an example of how to fill out a character chart. Also, I have a feeling that there may not be that much to write for the 'Artifice Changer', because he's not going to be one that is in it too much, at first at least.

7.) PM me your character sheets, which is going to be coming up right after the rules.

Rules Part 1
Just some basic guidelines....

1.) BE LITERATE!!! I have no idea how many times on this site (on my old account) I've come across senctences that, are, liek, dis brah. I don't like acronyms by the way. PLEASE don't use those. Just an FYI.

2.) That last part of #1 was a joke.

3.) This will be in third person. I know that this whole introduction has been in first, but it's how I've always made them in the past, no matter if it was third or first person.

4.) a.) Don't God mod. That's my job. Play as your character, and don't do my job for me. I want to do that...

b.) Don't freak out at my God modding PLEASE! I know I stated earlier that if you don't want to change something, you can PM me, but that's mainly if it's something YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE!!! If it's something that you're kind of neutral about, don't freak out...

5.) I thought I would have more time to make more rules, but those will come tomorrow. Until then, PM telling me if you like this idea!

Last edited by GregDinskisk; 11-26-2011 at 03:37 AM..