Thread: Living on Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-05-2018, 08:21 PM

"Yes, I suppose I am, but I'll really be an adult when I graduate. No one can call me 'just' a high schooler again." Jamie nodded to himself, feeling very sure of his words. All his problems would be solved at that point and who could tell him what to do? Not his parents and not even the teachers. At that point, he would be free. "And don't worry, I'll stay longer over the weekend, I promise. I've got a paper to finish for English and that's it." The rest of his homework didn't matter near as much so he felt no desire to put aside time that could be better spent with Bane. And he hated to do homework in front of the other man because it made him feel too childish.

Walking to the door, he paused just before it, turning to smile at Bane. "Love you too!" Kissing him back, Jamie lingered a second before he turned and fled. A flush had risen on his cheeks, but his step was jaunty the entire way down the drive where he waved a last time before turning to sprint back home. The sun disappeared in the sky long ago, but street lights gave the way a healthy golden glow. He felt no fear and no hesitation, always running straight ahead like he did.

When Jamie reached home, he saw the lights in the living room still one, a reading light in his parent's bedroom as well. Just as he approached the drive way, he saw the curtain pull back, his father's eye staring straight down at him. Even though Jamie ducked down under a plant, he knew he'd been spotting anyway. His window had been closed and more than likely locked from the inside. Well, looked like he was going in through the front door. Taking in a deep breath, he walked in, calling out in his most cheerful voice.

"Mum, da, I'm home!" The bright smile lay only skin deep though. This would definitely turn into a long night.