View Single Post
tanarif984
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Banned
n/a

Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 PM

Why?>

Running...faster...faster!
The branches beat against me as I dashed through the dark grove. The sharp twigs clawed at me. That creature...eyes...glinting behind me. No! Must not let him catch me! I tripped on a root.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, popping out of my bed.
I was shaking. Cold sweat lined against my neck. My breath was short, gasping. Tears of fright found its
way down my face. Looked almost as though liquid metals. Gray, dull.
"What's going on?" My friend muttered drowsily next door.
Taking calming breath, I turned on the lights. "Nothing...sorry about that."
"You'd better be..." She grumbled, falling silent.
"Get a grip girl." I pounded my head, talking aloud. "It's a nightmare. Just a nightmare."
But it was so real. I could smell the air. That damp and musty air. Nothing like the stuff that you get in the city.
I couldn't go back to sleep. Barefooted, I stood up, glancing at myself in the mirror. I could swear that my heart stopped. My throat went dry. I raised a trembling hand to my cheek, making sure that it was still me in the mirror.
A thin, long scratch stretched across my face. I stepped away from the mirror, falling back onto the bed. No…it could've been anything. I might've scratched myself while I was sleeping.
But that was impossible. Being a concert pianist, I'd always kept my nails short and trimmed. But how then...?
There was a sudden scream that pierced through the silence of the night, making my blood run cold once again.
Down the hallway, doors slammed as the entire dormitory woke up to the blood-curling scream.
"Lydia Peterson was murdered last night at the West dormitory of our local university. It seem a case of burglary, however, the victim's room was trashed with garbage, so the case may possibly be a personal revenge. Lydia, described by her classmates as a brilliant student-"
I turned off the radio, shivering. I crumbled up yet another piece of wet tissue and tossed it into my trash bin, which was over-flowing with them.
"You all right?" The policewoman asked gently. I nodded. "You're Lydia's best friend, aren't you Layv?"
Hiccupping, I nodded again; thinking how stupid a question it was, since it was me that they were interrogating.
"Do you know if anyone held any grudge against her?"
"N-no." I sniffed. "Actually...she just dumped an o-old boyfriend of hers."
She glanced at her partner, who was scribbling fiercely in his notebook. "And his name?"
"Jake White." I muttered. My eyes felt swollen. I must've look like a mess. "I don't get why he would want to do that to her though...no one..."
"I know, I know." She petted my hand soothingly. Turning to her partner she added. "Mike, do a check-up on this Jake White."
"Don't need to." He slapped his notebook shut with a sigh. "Ex-convict. Have quite a record."
"W-what?" I stared at him. "Lydia's boyfriend?"
"Yeah." He said grimly. "All we need is a proof that that hair we got is his, then it's bye-bye to him."
I curled up my fingers in anger. Gritting my teeth, I glared at the policewoman. "How can he do something like that to her? She was the only person in the world that cared about him! I mean, if it wasn't for me-"
"What?" Their attention was caught.
"I told her to break-up with him." I admitted. "He was cheating on her."
"All right." She grimaced. "Lock your doors tonight. Make sure that the windows are also lock. And be careful." With that, they left, promising to tell me if anything else comes up.

No! Have to run...faster! I gasped, hearing padded foot behind me. I was thrown down into the rich earth. Quickly, I rolled away from my attacker, clutching my shoulder. Something was warm against my fingers...
My eyes flew open. I turned on the light. "The dream again..." I went over to the mirror and tugged down a shoulder of my shirt.
The gap was painful the see, although it didn't feel like anything. It wasn't bleeding.
"Must've happen at the gym." I faintly recalled bumping hard into something there.
The phone rang. I picked it up thoughtfully; it was seven in the morning. Can't be good. "Layv speaking."
"This is Officer Clifford. The lab test came back. I just thought that it's better for you to know this before hearing it from someone else." She paused. "It is Jake White. Now listen to me carefully. Go and stay with someone else for now, at least until we are sure that White is no longer in this city or is arrested, all right?"
"Yeah...sure...thanks." I hung up the phone. I turned, watching myself in the mirror. When the light catches my eyes in one way... "Might as well as get up now." I shrugged it off. I felt different though...there was something different...I'm usually a klutz; unless I'm performing...but now...

I was falling in and out of sleep when the window clicked. Dimly, I saw a figure coming in. In his hand a cold weapon.
He chuckled, standing next to my bed. "Layv...wake up Sleeping Beauty..."
I smiled up at him, bitterly, "I am awake," and reached up. His eyes widened in shock. I could see him clearly. Revenge...
In the mirror I saw my teeth, my canine teeth, pointed and crisp white.