Thread: Daily Rewards
View Single Post
jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Yeesh...See, I'm not a hoarder and having prizes like that would probably annoy me more than anything. Especially if it's an item I don't care for; getting it over, and over, and over, and fucking over again wouldn't be an incentive.
Then again, I can't speak for a majority of users because I don't have a big attachment to anything, either.

All I can speak for is from experience, which derives from things like the Achievements on Gaia, and the Achievements on Ernya. While I don't feel that they are going to do anything to entice new users or even keep old users, they are a neat feature and it's kind of fun to try and complete the challenges when you're not occupied with something more personable. You've already created those stars below a username, which is another form of this.

I would pool the users across all of the forums to ask them what initially draws them into a site. For me, personally, it's the visual aspect.
What do the avatars look like?
What does the site look like? Is it easy to navigate?
Is it easy to earn currency here? Can I spend it easily?
Is it active?

These are the things that I look at, and if the site can pass, then I'll keep returning.