View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 PM

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking," she said, chewing the inside of her lip as she thought about the uniform they had left for her and weighing the pros and cons of just not wearing it. Still, it was only two days of the week, which wasn't all that bad. She simply nodded to Avril's promise and awkwardly linked pinkies for a second or two before breaking the connection. It was just... weird. What had been the point of that?

"Okay. I'll be in here," she replied as Avril left for her own room next door. Once she was gone, Beth pulled off her cargo pants and shirt and kicked them somewhere into the room with her other clothes from the day before. Then she sulked over to her dresser and pulled out her uniform. While it was, for the most part, indistinguishable from Avril's, there were a few differences, apart from the size change. The most noticeable change was the addition of white cotton tights and black dress shoes. Really, they were very similar to the uniform she had had to wear at the orphanage before she ran away, the thought of which sent a shiver up her spine. Just how much did they know, or was it just a coincidence?

The other changes were purely aesthetic; her skirt had slight ruffles along the hem as well as a bow on the side and her shirt had a definite pinkish tone to it instead of being the plain white like Avril's. In the back of her mind, she knew that it was merely because of her dwarfism, but she was too irritated with the thought of appearing childish to really acknowledge that thought. The tights and skirt were pulled on in no time, so that she could stop dreading having to wear them. While they weren't all that uncomfortable, she couldn't shake the feeling that she looked ridiculous.

As she was pulling on the shirt, Avril walked in, though Beth kept dressing as though nothing was different. Once the shirt was on, she began to put on the tie, scanning the minds of some of the boys on campus, perhaps a little intrusively, to find out how to tie it. Armed with that knowledge, she finished quickly and proceeded to put on the shiny black shoes. "Kind of what I expected, I guess," she answered, frowning as she finished fastening the last shoe. "Psychic Training first period, then Algebra II second, Psychic History I third, Lunch, AP Chemistry, and, finally, AP Literature." All of her traditional classes were based off of her scores from the year before, where she had passed the classes before those. To be fair, her power did give her an advantage over others when it came to learning, but she never cheated with them.

"Be honest. Do I look like I belong in kindergarten? I feel like an idiot wearing this crap," she said, dropping her natural sarcastic tone for a few moments without realizing it. Immediately, she blushed, cursing herself for being foolish. Normally, she was much better at guarding herself and her emotions from others. That migraine the night before must have been a lot worse than she had originally suspected.