View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2017, 08:29 PM

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Man I’m getting really behind on this again… Today I finally finally managed to get around to doing some of that translation project. I only did a few pages but it was good to finally get a start on that. I sorted through my email notifications for job offer and got that a bit organized though I didn’t end up getting time to actually apply to any. :/ I also made some madeleines for my friend and my mom because they both have birthdays coming up. I think this was the best batch I ever made. They were chocolate with chocolate chips inside with chocolate spread on one side dipped in nonpareils. They were totally delicious (though I only got to eat two of them since the rest I sent out in the mail XD). After that I played some SWTOR. Overall it was a pretty good day.

• • •

I have an iPhone 5C. My mom was super nice and got me a new phone for Christmas so I could have a model that was new enough to do wifi calling since I don’t have good cell service in my apartment to make calls. So far it’s pretty much exactly like my last phone but I’m pretty happy about it since now I don’t have to worry about not being able to make a call if I ever have an emergency. :)

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Today I went out to brunch with my friend, his room mate, and his room mate’s girlfriend. We went to a place called Milk Bar which was pretty delicious. After that we played a game of Catan, which I lost. I had a super good setup but everyone else worked to block me which was pretty sad, oh well. Then we watched a documentary about psychedelic honey and then finally I got to play some of The Last Guardian! So far I don’t like it as much as Ico but it’s still a pretty good game. I love the relationship you build with the trico. After that I headed home, made some dinner, and went to bed.

• • •

Honestly I don’t always put my family first these days. Growing up I always put everyone else first because that’s what my mom always did but in recent years I’ve come to realize that I also have an obligation to take care of myself.

Monday, March 6, 2017

Today was another stressful day. The trains weren’t running at my subway station and I ended up being a half hour late for work. I was supposed to stay late to make up for it but I was having some difficulty with a friend and ended up leaving at my usual time because I just couldn’t focus anymore. I met up with another friend after work and had my first raclette! It was pretty yummy. They melt cheese and put it over a plate of charcuterie, potatoes, and salad. The only hitch was the bill. I wasn’t expecting it to be so much! I really need to work on a budget, I’ve been going out too much lately. >.<

• • •

I don’t actually have any of my baby pictures available to share. Most of them are at my mom’s house though I might be able to dig up a picture if I can remember… Let me see what I can do.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Another eh day at work. I stayed a little bit late to make up for being late yesterday and skyped with my friend afterwards to try to fix up our friendship. It went so/so. I really hope we can work things out. :/

• • •

I is for ice cream! I’ve really been in the mood for ice cream lately. It’s hard to find good flavors where I live though and very difficult to find ice cream on sale. I can’t believe they sell it for like $5 here! New York City is so expensive.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Another busy work day. I have so many deadlines coming up, it’s crazy. After work I skyped with a friend because it was their birthday! It was a lot of fun. We drank and listened to music and played games and did a bit of reading. It was the best night I’ve had in a long time.

• • •

With how crazy work has been lately I’ve definitely been working for my money!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Today I had plans to go to the movies to see Logan. I was pretty annoyed though because it seemed like I had to drag the information out of my date on where and when to go at the very last second and then found out that his friend was brining her coworker too and I didn’t realize it was going to end up being a group thing. :/ The guy she brought along was a really pretentious prick who I didn’t get along with at all and I got stuck sitting next to him at the movies. I was doubly annoyed that my date spent most of his time talking to his friend and completely ignoring me. The movie itself was pretty good though definitely too gory for my tastes. After the movie they talked about going out to eat but I said I was going to go home because I’m broke and can’t afford to eat out at the moment. T_T I ended up getting home pretty late, had some soup, and went to bed.

• • •

I’d say I’m definitely paniced about what’s going on in The White House. I still can’t believe Trump actually won the election. It feels like a bad dream…

Friday, March 10, 2017

So happy that it’s Friday. It was a long day but I got quite a bit done. After work I ran home to do my laundry. I was supposed to play some SWTOR with my friend but my flipping computer wasn’t working so it took most of the night just to get the thing on. *sigh*

• • •

Makeup is a definite yay! I never used to wear makeup but I got into it a few years ago. These days I usually wear foundation, blush, mascara and tinted chap stick. If I have a bit of extra time in the morning or want to be a bit fancier than usual I wear some eyeshadow or eyeliner and lipstick as well.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

I was super productive today! I got up and cleaned the entire apartment, got some groceries, did some work, and got the PC backed up because I’m pretty sure it’s going to die soon. After that I played some SWTOR and headed to bed.

• • •

It’s been forever since I’ve played basketball. Honestly I was never that great at sports but it was pretty fun to play with my cousins with the hoop on the garage at my grandparent’s house when I was younger.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Today I was supposed to go over to a friend’s house to watch Fantastic Beasts but had to cancel since work asked me if I could do overtime this weekend. I woke up feeling pretty sick/crappy but managed to get all my work done. After that I took a bath but ended up getting really dizzy after I turned on the shower to rinse off and had to get out and lie down for the rest of the night. I’ve been fighting this sickness off for so long but I guess with all the emotional, financial, and work stress I’ve been going through lately it isn’t that surprising that it finally caught up to me.

• • •

I saw this year they have some new s’mores flavored Girl Scout cookies! My mom is supposed to be sending some in the mail, I can’t wait to get them!

Monday, March 13, 2017

I didn’t sleep so well last night and woke up feeling pretty crappy this morning. I couldn’t call in this morning though after the overtime I did over the weekend so I dragged myself to work. At least it was a pretty productive day. Once I get out I plan on returning some shoes to DSW for a refund and then heading home. If I’m feeling up to it I’ll make some meatballs for dinner and try to relax so I can get better soon. We’re supposed to have a huge blizzard tomorrow. I might end up calling in if I still feel crappy. I just don’t get the weather lately. 60 one day then snowing the next. WTF!?

• • •

Definitely toast! I’ve gotten back into peanut butter toast lately, it’s sort of an obsession…

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 03-15-2017 at 07:06 PM..