View Single Post
Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 PM

"Leanne, I know this is tough for you, but this is a busy year for us," her father started when she tried to make protests in the car. She didn't want to go home. She didn't want to be stuck another day at the tv watching some show on Netflix or Hulu. She wanted to be out and about. "Look, if it means anything, I'll take you to one of those new big fancy restaurants in town, okay? Anyone you want."

Leanne shrunk in her seat and looked out the window at the passing downtown of the city, heading home so her father could change back into his uniform and head back to work.

She was lonely and she was beginning to grow absolutely tired of it.

"Whatever," she grumbled. "I'm just tried of being alone all the time. It shouldn't be healthy."

Her father chuckled. "You seem healthy enough to me." He didn't get it.

She turned her head to her father for a second, pitying his choices for her. She was a grown woman now, shouldn't she be able to choose for herself.

"I'm going out later. And there's nothing you can do to stop me. If I stay another day cooped up, I'll go mad," she told him, sternly. It was a tone of voice she hardly ever used towards him, which was kept him speechless a minute too long before he even found the words to shoot back at her. And that was the thing, he didn't find any.