Thread: Mystery Daze
View Single Post
~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-07-2015, 12:17 AM

"That's a deal. Here." he placed the three marbles on the counter. "I'll just leave these here while I continue to look around. I came in for a friend and I'm getting things for myself. Typical guy shopper right?" He cracked a smile at her, she seemed a little nervous around him, maybe she knew something? He wasn't the type to scare information out of people, he would rather watch and glean it from them. Terror messed up the truth, and there was always the chance that she didn't know anything and was just jumpy.

He walked over to the dresser and pulled open a few of the drawers. Nice dovetailing but nothing unusual. A travel case had some interesting decals on it, but again nothing unusual. Making his way around the store he was drawn to the back. Things back here seemed more or less just piled together, as if they hadn't been sorted yet. A chaise lounge with crushed velvet and brass tacking, the stuffing seemed reworked. A leather bound book with a strange seal, the detective picked it up and turned it over, it was a family crest but not one in his knowledge. He felt like his trail was going cold. He let out an audible sigh of disappointment.