View Single Post
tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・ο)
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 06-17-2007, 04:43 AM

I think hands are hard to draw for the most people because they're so small compared to the rest of the picture. It's hard to get it perfectly slim, but not stickly, and not too big or small. After some practice, though, it's pretty easy. For me, anyway...

To me, the hardest body part to draw is the face.

Sometimes I get confused about face shape. How should I make it? In real life, it's round, but at an angle, you could see that it goes in a little where the eyes are, the cheekbone and jawline, etc. It confuses me a lot. It's just so much easier to draw a face at a straight angle.

Profile is really tough for me. Anime-style wise, it's kind of easy. But in real life, I have so much trouble, especially from nose-down. I can't get the lips' shape right, and I get confused about the chin. Is it jutted out? Is it curved? Or is it like the anime-style; curved in just ever so slightly?

It's hard to get the eyes, nose, and mouth in the exact positions, too. When I try to draw a teen-aged girl, she ends up looking old! DDDx I can't even figure out why a lot of the times, too.

Another thing is the pose. I guess it's not a body part, but it consists of body parts? It's really hard for me to think of a pose in my mind. Making them stand there is just so boring! xP If I'm on the computer while I'm drawing, I might do a few searches on the pose, but when I'm not, they just stand there. Ugh. It gets on my nerves, too. I'm not sure how to improve it. Do I just look at a ton of poses? And try to memorize them or something? Or is it just something that happens over time?