View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Today was my flight back to NYC. I woke up early to say goodbye to my sister before she left for school and then showered and finished packing and then we left for the airport. My mom and I stopped at Panera for lunch which was pretty yummy. When we got to the airport there were no delays and I checked in and we said goodbye (why are goodbyes always so hard? ).

After that I went through security. I was worried they might not let me through because I was essentially taking 2 carry ons. Surprisingly they let me take both but they confiscated my peanut butter, chocolate spread, and shower gel. :/ At least I was able to have them give it to my mom so she could use them. The shower gel okay, I was trying to sneak that through, but the food items I’ve passed through before and I didn’t think the rule applied to foods that are thick spreads like that. Oh well.

Once I finally got through security, I headed to my gate expecting to wait an hour or so before boarding since everything seemed A-OK when I looked at the board but the time between checking in and going through security I somehow had my flight leaving at 5:30pm instead of 2:40pm. WTF? That delay turned into 6:40pm, 7:40pm, 8:40pm… At least I got a bunch of Mene work done while I was waiting since I had brought my laptop and there was some free wifi, lol.

Finally they boarded us around 8:00pm but the nightmare wasn’t over. Shortly after we started taxiing out they called us back. More storm delays. More construction at JFK. Uggggh. I seriously didn’t want to leave the plane because I was finally able to watch a bit of that show Genius which I have been seeing advertised but don’t have access to since I don’t have cable. But nope, no flight, and no TV, instead we got another 3ish hours of waiting. There was a bit of a scare too because around 10:30pm people started saying that if we didn’t take off by 12:45pm the pilot would have to go off duty and we would be SOL.

FINALLY we got back on the plane and got the hell out of Buffalo. I landed in NYC around 1:00am and didn’t get back to my apartment until 3:00am. I was supposed to work tomorrow but there was no way I was going to wake up at 7:00am after all of that so I called in sick and finally crawled into bed for a much deserved rest.

• • •

Forgiveness is one of those things that is really hard for me. I tend to remember things…like forever. And if it’s something that was hurtful to me, I remember it all the more. I’ve been trying to be more forgiving though. I really need to learn to let things go for sanity’s sake.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I was so happy I called in today. With all of yesterday’s stress I would have been going crazy at work. @_@ I had a hard time sleeping because my kitty cried all night and I didn’t get to sleep in like I was hoping but oh well. I woke up around 10:00am with a headache but I started doing some major cleaning in my apartment anyway since it was a mess from my dad’s visit which took most of the morning/afternoon. After that I unpacked, ate lunch, and took a nap which was a bad idea since I woke up with an even worse headache. :/ I took a shower and went to the store to get some groceries and made hamburgers and flavored rice for dinner which was pretty yummy. After doing the dishes and checking some stuff on Mene I sat down and played a few minutes of Zelda before bed. It was really nice to get back to that game, I was seriously going through withdrawal. XD

• • •

LOL, this is a silly one. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was my new suitcase. It’s turquoise with neon yellow accents, I love it! It looks so cool compared to all those lame neutral colored ones you usually see.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

I had a really hard time getting up this morning since I slept super bad last night. I think that nap was a bad idea… Today was my first day back at work. It’s always depressing going back after vacation… It was a bit awkward since they moved my desk in my absence. I am happy to be away from the front reception desk but it feels weird having my own office, lol. I tried to split my time between working and settling into my new space then I had a meeting in the afternoon which lasted pretty much the rest of the day. @_@ I was so happy to finally leave and meet a friend for dinner. We went to this pub that I took my dad to that was super yummy. Their burgers are so huge though! I got one with an onion ring on it and had to take it off and eat it because I just couldn’t fit the burger in my mouth. XD

• • •

LOL, I don’t have a yard let alone a back yard so there isn’t much to say about this. I did do some raking for my mom while I was home… XD I do have a tiny patch of lawn in front of my apartment but it belongs to the building so I can’t really do anything with it. If I could I would put out a pink flamingo, some flowers, and a birdfeeder though!

Friday, June 2, 2017

Waking up this morning was soooo hard. I had trouble sleeping last night as well. At least it’s Friday though so that’s a plus! Work was alright but I was impatient for the end of the day, lol. Afterwards I headed to gamestop to pick up a last minute pokemon event card for Lycanroc and headed to the bar with some friends. It was interesting trying to speak French after not really having spoken it in so long. XD After that we headed to this quaint little place for dinner but holy heck it was such a long walk to get there! The food was pretty good but I’m honestly not sure it was worth the walk and the wait. ^^; After that I headead home and went to bed.

• • •

I have horrible team building skills to be honest. I have a hard time integrating myself within a group of people. :/

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Today I spent pretty much all day playing Zelda with a break sometime in the middle to do some Mene work. XD

• • •

I totally didn’t read/listen to the news today. I only do so rarely but more often than I used to since I got Alexa since she can read me the news when I ask. Sometimes I have her play it while I’m getting ready for work in the morning.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Today was a rather stressful day for me. I’ve been trying to figure a lot of things out in my life lately and it’s been weighing on me quite a bit. I wanted to get around to working on some projects and things that I’ve left by the wayside today but I ended up spending most of my free time here on Mene to release the latest CIs. It was a hell of a lot more work than I thought to be honest since it was my first time doing it. Once I finally finished that I didn’t have much time left to do work on my other stuff so I spent a few minutes playing Zelda and headed to bed.

• • •

I could use some pearls of wisdom at the moment. I’ve been really struggling in my life lately…