View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-09-2015, 12:15 PM

"You are completely right, it is your fault, but you are still my responsibility," she had told him, sternly, not caring for his self-deprecating speeches. Especially since she was already taking care of the issue, by risking her own skin. If he spoke to anyone about this... Oh no, it could turn out very nasty. Which is why she wished to leave in such a hurry, but Saith stopped her with a gentle touch.

Mae turned around to look at him and was taken aback by the expression on his face. There was admiration, gratefulness... Those two she had definitely been given before and generous, yet there was something warmer, something that she wasn't used to seeing. In her stomach, a feeling knotted up, and she moved to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear in an attempt to smooth away her awkwardness, but whatever was this feeling in the woman, Saith managed to destroy it well enough himself, by compulsively hugging her.

"Excuse me? Are you familiar with term 'personal space', because right now you're completely ignoring mine!" Mae huffed, completely unimpressed by the proximity of the taller man and by the gods, was he nuzzling her hair? Was he absolutely and completely nuts? And she had trusted him with her one, big secret? Alright, not the whole big secret, but they key part of it!

Still, her push at his chest couldn't be called a honest-to-god attempt to get him away from her, the racing of his heart beneath her palm another shocker of sorts and for a moment, she wondered - was he going to kiss her?? Her reaction wasn't an instant recoiling as it normally would be, though, not that she was going to ponder about that, now later or ever. Yet, she didn't pull away (very much) and the pressure she tried to push him away with was also not that much when he was moving in.

Thankfully (?), it was a kiss between her brows and in a sense, the sweet, caring gesture left her more stunned than a kiss to her lips or even cheek could. In fact, her mouth opened slightly, and for a change, not to protest, but just in wonder, and she didn't manage to say anything else before Saith thanked and disappeared from her view.

For a moment, she stood there dumbfounded (a state she had not been in for years), then sighed, looked about and finally exited nurse's office, closing the doors quietly. After checking up on the girl that had reported the food fight and finding out the two culprits were now sitting in the same booth and chatting (ugh, university kids and quick mood changes), she decided to head back to her dorm. Her plan was to take a long, nice shower, crash in her bed and read a book until she fell asleep. And definitely not to think about certain delinquent and the mess he had made.

But, of course, it was not meant to be. Seconds after she entered her dorm room, she was greeted by squeeling roommate - a girl from tech path, a complete flirt and gossip, forgetful and completely everything Mae was not. "I can't belieeeeve it! I KNEW you had a boooyfriend! But him!?! That's amaaazing, tell me all about it!!" she was rambling excitedly and a sense of fearful realization crawled up Mae's spine. "What? I don't have a boyfriend. What are you talking about?" she asked, as always wanting to know all the facts.

"Huh and what do you call this!!" Phone was shoved in Lacrimae's face, showing her and Saith holding hands as she was dragging him through the school grounds. "No, he is not my boyfriend. I was taking him to nurse's office," elven woman tried to explain. "Uh-huh, playing nurse for him? Naughty, naughty!" At the suggestion, blush (more from anger than anything else) crept on Mae's face.

"Ugh, think what you will, but he is not my boyfriend. I would not be hiding if I had relationships anyhow, I have no reason to," she announced. "Well, you weren't hiding it today..." her roommate giggled and Mae just shook her head and left the room to finally take the much deserved shower. She made one simple claim in her lifebook that all of this was simple misunderstanding and avoided social media for the rest of the night. Hopefully, the storm in water glass would pass soon...

She didn't even seem to listen to his ramble about love and stuck up rich boy, but proved the assumption wrong, when she quickly reacted to his comment about cash buying anything. "What it got him from me was unforgettable pain and promise of experiencing worse if he attacked another girl," Marwolaeth smiled ferociously at this, sharp teeth glinting in the light as her green eyes seemingly darkened. Although her claim was nearly noble, there seemed very little good and kind about her in this very moment.

She continued to eat in silence until school president's face came on the TV and Pinkie had the need to comment her. Rolling her eyes. Marwolaeth leaned back in her seat, water glass in her hand. Ugh, if he was one of her flock.... Would explain why he was so annoying. "I could find out what's her secret, if I wanted to, but there's no point. Even if she turned out to be psychotic mass murderer, good deal of people would go: "Oh, she's too pretty and nice, that cannot be true!", while another would be 'oh, she is always right, so she must have had a reason!' and some bloody fools would probably even want to join her cause! Ugh, I hate people like that." She didn't clarify if she hated people like those 'bloody fools' or people like Mae, though.

At this, the blood red haired woman stood up, not even caring if the other was finished eating and began heading back to her dorm without as much as good bye. If he was to follow her, she'd ignore him, just like she did most of the time before, at least until they reached her room. There, she opened the door, but didn't go inside immediately, turning to face Cain for a moment more. "If you think you can follow me around for the rest of the year and be entertained... You're wrong. In fact, if you're going to stick around, you better hope you will entertain me, or else." Her grin was nearly threatening as she flicked his forehead and then disappeared in her room, slamming doors and locking them behind her. Clearer than clear: further entrance denied.

Waking up, Mae did not know it yet, but she was going to be saved from much more further embarrassment with the Saith fiasco (for now) as a new star was about to enter the scene of their university. It didn't mean Mae wouldn't have to suffer consequences of this fact either, though. In fact, she was woken two hours earlier, called to an emergency meeting with some of the teachers because the student exchange program that had been cancelled week ago was apparently going through and she had to prepare to take in the new student who'd stay here until and during exams, as apparently she wished to test herself in this particular field. It all made little to no sense to Mae, but she had to just go with the flow.

It was lunch time that a car drove up the the university and a young woman stepped out of car. The news of the exchange student had already spread, so, she was welcomed by far more than just the student council. And while everyone here were used to strange people, she was the cherry on the cake. With hair neither brown nor copper, but a mix of both, and eyes of gold (even the whites had slight golden tones), toned skin that had nearly like doe-like paler spots around her eyes, and beautiful features, she was a striking thing. Her outfit daring, in green shades, and revealing her arms covered in pale flower tattoos only added to eccentricity. But that was not all: her head was adorned by headband with small horns attached to it - or maybe they were two separate things? And she had a broom. And not just any modern electrical broom, it had actual branches at end and it moved on its own accord, clearing path clean of people in front of the new student.

But despite her strangeness, she smiled kindly to the council president and the two, although followed by crowd, quickly moved through the school grounds as Silvana (for that was the new witch's name, and I am not kidding about witch part, she indeed came from planet race, and even school where people are taught witchcraft of sorts) learned about the new place, greatly interested in everything. All was well until they came to the sport fields.

This was place that mostly jocks and elite of the school visited except for the various championships and festivals that everyone was basically forced to either participate or watch. Rest of the time, 'regular' people were not entirely welcome here. And Silvana had to witness this very soon when the two women noticed one of the youngest students being purposely tripped by bunch of guys so she fell hard and even her skirt fluttered in the wind, giving even more reason to have the guys laugh. In rightful anger, the woman was one moment by Mae's side and in the next, in middle of the jock group, her broom creating a powerful gust of wind that threw each 'man' in different direction as she glared at them and immediately knelt to help the poor girl up and speak with her quietly of something. At least few of the guys were probably knocked out and, to be entirely honest, Mae didn't feel sorry for them at all, as she had been about to get involved in the scene as well. With this, then, the tour was finished and elven woman and witch took the 'nerd' away from there to have her scraped knee and torn socks fixed. Part of the crowd dissipated when president reminded them the classes were about to begin and witch shot last disgusted look at the jocks that were now coming back to their senses. The broom followed the three women as haughtily as animated object could.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~