View Single Post
Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 03-13-2020, 01:51 PM

XP
Everyone was freaking out at my one job yesterday and they were all "oh, you need to wipe the counters and card machines and soor and cart handles down every so often with these clorox wipes so people see it and stay calm" and then preceded to tell me that we were doing it because there was a coronavirus case in a city which a.) is over 100 miles away and b.) is old news and c.) is fake news, that one was a suspected case but was tested and proven to be a false alarm already.

Now, people taking a quick glance at updated for the state I live in but not really reading anything may jump to the conclusion that there's still a case in the state anyway, but that's also incorrect. There is a resident of my state, currently residing out of state, who picked up the coronavirus and is in quarantine, but they have been out of state since Nov. 2019 and have not returned since then, but the way the CDC classifies these things, they still count it as a case in my state because she is a resident from here.

But actually doing research and looking up news from reputable sources is too hard for most people.
Honestly, I'm a fan of being prepared in case the worst happens, but prepare without panicking. There's no point in freaking about things you can't control, all you can do is prepare and wash your hands. A lot. XP