View Single Post
Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-31-2020, 08:02 PM

I'm pretty sure I caught it earlier in the month. It was mild. It started with loss of taste and smell, mild but annoying GI tract issues, then a dry cough I thought was allergies. The next few days, I got weird shortness of breath, chest tightness, a low-grade fever, the abdominal cramps, and even though I wasn't blowing my nose more often than with light spring allergies, it looked like I had a severe sinus infection going on or my sinuses thought it was still christmas. Then I had some very mild muscle aches. The odd thing was, I didn't get that feeling like when you feel sick or know you're getting sick. I felt normal, but you don't get a feeling of tightness in your chest and losing your breath making a sandwich when you're normal. Overall, it felt milder than a cold, but weird and a little alarming?

Also some friends I'd been around came down with something similar, but no worse than I felt. Thankfully anyone I was around that was at-risk is fine. I don't know about strangers though.

My doctor was like, "well if you're not feeling severely ill or in danger, we can't write a note for testing. So just self-quarentine, disinfect everything, yadda yadda." I could've later driven about 30 minutes to sit in a line for 8 hours to have a swap stuck up my nose so I could fully know if I did have it in several days but I decided against it.

So here I am just waiting to see if we may ever get around to antibody testing.

It's been a little over a month since the first onset of symptoms and a little more than 2 weeks since the last I felt anything. I still have a little dry cough here and there. But otherwise I think I'm over it now.

I haven't left my house in weeks. Even longer than the mandated orders in my state because I was worried I might have it when I started getting the breathing issues.

I'm an introvert. I don't see a lot of people often. I've been at home with my husband. I love him, but I really just want to see friends and a pile of food that isn't from my fridge.

Last edited by Shion Uzuki; 03-31-2020 at 08:04 PM..