View Single Post
ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 AM

Lewis didn’t listen. In a few seconds the kettle boiled and he poured two cups of tea. It was an old French blend he received as a gift from a Louisiana Senator. Rich an simple.

Lewis set down the tea as the news started again. He loved the couch, his wife hated it.

When was the last time I saw that woman.

It was a while since he last saw his wife. There marriage was just political, there was no love, and no lust. She was the daughter of a past president. A republican. Lewis being a democrat on paper was the perfect match. It was seen as the joining of two parties. A political masterpiece the news called it. American Royalty. His wife was a Lesbian, and Lewis could care less. They lived there lives separately and it worked, they both got what they wanted.

The commercials were the same boring ones always on. Some new towel that dries in seconds: No more mold. The commercial cut to black as the sound of a phone rang. With the push of a button on the remote the TV changed to a man speaking in to a camera.

“Caleb, what do I owe this late night call.” Lewis asked the man on the screen.

“The police are down the block, I just drove past. It looks like another of the dead bodies, I didn’t recognize the one cop”

“Thank you Caleb” And with another button push the screen was back to the news. A recap of all the weeks sport scores.

“There you have it” Lewis said with a smug smirk, “News on the murders, who need CNN”