View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 PM

"You saw him," she said curtly, "he doesn't look like the kind of man you could trust. Those taunting red orbs and the cold skin to go with it. His grin his devious and he's always got a hidden angle. He's brilliant and a master of death. Also very powerful. He," she wasn't sure if it was wise to share this secret, but did so anyway, "he destroyed his home planet. His wrath is unlike anything I've ever seen."

Her gulp made her look guilty. "I might have done something foolish one day and learned my lesson. I was afraid he would actually hit me. The look on his face said he would but instead of getting physical, he chose his words carefully. Ripped my heart apart. I deserved it though. I started it. Still, I had never felt so weak in my life. If he had hit me, I knew I would have died."

Aleu picked up her tail and brushed her fingers through it. "We didn't always get along. There was a time were we used to fight constantly. I think we both liked the thrill of seeing rage in the other's eyes. But once we realized it was all just because we feared losing one another, it stopped." Her eyes rolled. "Love is stupid," she commented plainly. "I would recommend avoiding it but it's honestly the best feeling in the world. I can only hope you get to experience someday."

"And yes, I'm sure. This kind of magic repels the darkness that chases us. It's a different kind of magic. More, divine. It's holy. This land is a sanctuary. If the dark spirits come here, they will burn. That pond," Aleu smirked, "it's also a safe spot. And as you've noticed, so are the beaches. If you noticed, the sand is pale, very pale. It's also blessed with this divine magic."

As she built a fire, Aleu hummed lightly to herself. That was until she realized Faline was acting a bit strange. "Fear not, Faline, you'll do just fine. The rabbits you'll want to chase will be very obvious. I'm sure your parents will be one of them. You'll probably be tempted by things that involve Rory too. But remember, you want your memories."

She patted the earth beside her. "Come, come." She gave the woman a soft, smile. "Stop worrying. Your memories are memories for a reason. Those you don't need to know, you'll still forget. Sure, some will be painful but it's those memories that help you grow and learn. Some might be dark, but they'll help guide you toward the light. And, of course, there will be those happy memories that will cause that pretty face of yours to smile." Her hands cupped around Faline's cheeks. "Just you wait, you'll be glad to have them back. Just believe in yourself and know that these memories will help you find your destiny."