View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 PM

Amelia sighed in exasperation as she leaned over while the servants pulled her corset tight. "You're doing it again Miss." Her personal hand maid said with a chuckle.
"I know." Amelia said trying not to get a whine in her voice and failing. "I just hate this. All the pamper and show for another stupid ball. I have to wear a million layers just so I can look like a doll standing on display for a hopeful suitor. Just because I'm of age doesn't mean I want to marry. It's not like Dad is going anywhere anytime soon." She winced as the corset was pulled tight and then tied off. "I hate these social events where I have to wear all this fluff." The whine was very obvious in her voice now and the servants grinned at each other having heard the same argument every time there was a ball or large event where Amelia had to dress in her best.
"At least it's just for one night my lady." The hand maiden hiding a smile as she busied herself getting the dress ready to slide over the Princess's head.
"One long night of torture." She corrected stubbornly. I have to wear three layers so I'm hot, and I have to be constricted in this stupid thing so that I can hardly breath; and on top of that I'm going to have a feathery sequined thing poking me in the face and messing with my nose all night long."
The servants were definitely having a hard time keeping their grins to themselves now and they quickly helped Amelia into her dress and than sat her down so that they could do her makeup. "And that's another thing!" SHe continued with her complaints. "It's a masquerade ball! Why do I have to put makeup on underneath the mask? Can't I just go natural? It's not like anyone will notice."
"You've been ordered to be in your best, and it is our job to make sure you follow through with your own orders princess."
She crossed her arms very unlady-like as she sat with a huff in the vanity chair to have her makeup and hair done for the ball.