View Single Post
Toni
road warrior

Old 05-16-2015, 05:43 AM

Friday, May 15th

Things have been getting a lot better with Dad. He seems so much happier when I see him, which is much more often, and we're able to hold conversations without being awkward and making each other uncomfortable. That's how I'm seeing it, at least.

He brought up the mail just as mom and I were getting home, and, jokingly, I asked if there was anything for me. I wasn't expecting anything and was just being a pain in the ass. He said he thought there was, but then couldn't find it. He got back in his truck to look to see if he misplaced it, and after about a minute he got back out and said, "Here, you can have this." And he handed me a nasty old penny he found on the truck floor. 1975, with something nasty stuck to it and covering "ST" so it reads UNITED ATES OF AMERICA. Dad informed me it's a real copper penny and worth more than the one cent, but I'm not going to look into melting it down or anything. I hear you're supposed to do that with the old nickels, too.

That felt so good; it's been such a rough year and we haven't been so comfortable around each other like that in so long. I really feel like things are starting to get back to normal--as normal as they can, given the circumstances

On the other side of the day, my gf messaged to me let me know the queer women's concert is happening tonight and I'm so bummed!!! I was just thinking about that and wondering when it was going to be. Not that I could have made it up there, and I'm going to go see her next weekend anyway, but still! She offered to get me a T-shirt since last year's shirts were so nice (not that I can wear mine at home), but there's no merch this year, it turns out. I never did ask her what she ended up eating for dinner; she spent like two hours reading reviews of places downtown and being super picky about it. I need to find my sample CD from last year's concert and put it on my new computer; some really good songs on there!

Challenge: Have a bite of

WARM VEGGIE AND HUMMUS WRAPS. God, when I can get myself to actually cook for real, they're so good! Heat up some olive oil and throw in sliced tomato, pepper, onion and whatever else, add a dash of garlic salt, serve in a tortilla with hummus and feta cheese! Don't forget the lemon juice! I'm constantly forgetting the lemon juice and it's just not as good.

Last edited by Toni; 05-18-2015 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: adding today's challenge