Thread: Under Control
View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-24-2016, 09:10 PM

Alena was used to not eating much, they fed them just enough to live, but she knew they'd need strength to continue. She had happened upon a deer eating from a bush with dark, purple berries. If the deer had been eating them surely they were safe... Her fear of being caught had her scaring away the deer so she could grab a few and leave. As she was returning, the pockets on the front of her thread-bare shift heavy with berries, she heard Erika calling out for her. "I'm here." She said, quietly as she moved closer, coming up behind her. "I found us something to snack on while we walk..." It would be good to get moving, she didn't know when the guards would come back and she didn't want to be here when they did.

She had taken off the bandages, in the light the palms of her hands were bright red, made brighter by the blackness of her fingers, with blistered covering nearly half of the surface. A similar wound on her neck was covered by her long, pale hair. She looked at her hands, disgusted by how they looked, wondering if they'd ever look nice again. Would Erika even eat the berries she had handled? She wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to...