View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-22-2016, 12:26 AM

(>^_^)>~~SATURDAY~~<(^_^<)

Today's Prompt:
Bears

So uh... nothing immediately springs to mind when I think about bears. So let's fight our way through the cobwebs and search the vaults.

Um... okay. This guy.

Teddy Ruxpin. I had one of hims, thousands and thousands of years ago, long before any of you were swimmin' upstream.

Was he hours of entertainment? Who can recall. I do remember it was more fun to put music tapes in him, and I want to say that he sang along. But I think it was more that he mindlessly opened and closed his fuzzy maw. I liked to put my finger in his mouth while he was talking, so it was like he was chewing. It amused me.

My cousin had one too and years later transformed him into 'Scary Ruxpin', with black lipstick, spiked hair, safety pins and anarchy symbols.

My mom made beef soup today. She cut open a bell pepper and he was screaming. Crying out into the dark. Begging for his life to be spared.

His memory will live on.

Also, my aunt gave me a belated Christmas present. A t-shirt with this design...

It's Robert Smith, from the Cure, crossed with Nightcrawler from the X-Men. So cool. The artist goes by the name butcherbilly. If you've never seen any of his work, check out his tumblr. He's all kinds of amazing.

Music fo the Day
I guess now I have to add this.

The Cure ~ Friday I'm in Love

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 01-22-2016 at 12:35 AM..