View Single Post
EpoxyObsession
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Phantom
I LOVE C&H. I love the black humor - it's a lovely break from the politcally correct world we live in. I love how they EMBRACE the fact that you sometimes have to be offensive and vulgar to be funny. Too few people realize that in our society now...I mean, some people are getting pissy over Santa Claus saying "Ho ho ho!" for Agate's sake! For that reason, even the things that hit me in places that make me NAUSEOUS don't offend me. C&H uses the type of black humor that this uptight world needs.

I love Seizure Man. XD And this comes from someone who has had a seizure before.

I totally agree. I'm liberal as hell and totally support campaigns that ask people in the public sphere to choose their language wisely, but that kind of thing is ridiculous.

The other day I was reading about a little kindergartener who got expelled for pinching a classmate's butt. I'm all about ending sexual harassment, but I'm pretty sure five-year-olds don't know what sex is, much less what sexual harassment is! They just should have explained that it wasn't nice and he should keep his hands to himself, and then maybe put him on timeout. Expulsion is so drastic!

And then you have the people who think the word n***** is the root of all evil, or that f** is the root of all heterosexism. I think it's pretty obvious that when racists use the n-word or heterosexists use the three-lettered f-word, it's just an expression of a prejudice that was already there. I mean, they're not nice words and you probably shouldn't use them, but context it key. For instance, the word "furf**" doesn't really invoke any of the hatred of gays that that word does on its own, and thus shouldn't be treated that way.

Actually, if I wasn't afraid it was against the TOS, I would probably spell those words out, because I don't see a difference between using stars and the actual letters. But. Better to play it safe, since I'm new here.