View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-12-2018, 11:28 PM

January 12

Prompt: Knitted Scarves
in middle school, my friend Tessa used to knit a lot. i remember sitting in class together while she knitted and i untangled her yarn (it was a class where the teacher had tenure and really didn't give a shit), and i had like 3 different scarves from her, and a hat. all of which i loved and have since lost. i also remember one time we went to this science convention, and my pants were too loose and kept slipping down and she was like "one second, i got this." and literally crocheted me a belt right then. xD

Avi of the Day:

Outfit of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
Play for me that song that you wrote, hysterically loud.
And cry for me 'cause I figured it out, I figured you out.
I fall so deeply, and I fall so deeply, and I fall so deeply, and I fall.

Drawings done today:

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: XI Justice

Quote:
This card pushes toward balance and stability, perfection, the ability to measure things out and to evaluate, but above all to attain what we really merit. Justice, for this reason, will be clement and generous with the good and severe with the bad. The outcome therefore implies that it will be the right one for the impartial and honest consultant. The negative meaning indicates it could come to incarnate a castrating maternal figure, or bring uncertainties, excesses, and the consultant could feel the consequences of his/her own erroneous actions.
Advice of the Dead: Deal with the situation methodically, in a balanced way and with an organizational spirit, without letting yourself become disrupted by desires or passions.

The Wild Unknown: 3 of Pentacles

Quote:
Teamwork, Determination, Focus.
The task ahead is a momentous one. Usually related to your job or career, the Three of Pentacles suggests you must focus all of your efforts. Discipline, strategy, and hard work are needed more than ever. If you become weary or overwhelmed, rely on those around you. This is a card of teamwork, so you may need the strength of others to conquer the mountain.
Note: Definitely a fitting card. I go back to school soon, and from what I hear, my classes are going to require a lot of groupwork, which is definitely not my favorite thing. I'm going to have to work very hard this semester, especially if I hope to continue doing daily tarot readings and at least one drawing and one selfie a month.

Twin Peaks: XX Judgement

Quote:
Feeling reborn, awakening to possibilities, seeing everything in a new light. Feeling an impulse to act, knowing what you must do. Feeling cleansed and refreshed, forgiving yourself and others, atoning for past mistakes, releasing guilts and sorrows.
Note: I've been very nostalgic lately, and I've been working through a lot of my old guilts and embarrassments. I've been seeing past events through new eyes, separated from all the strong emotions I felt when everything was happening. I'm coming to really understand people I used to put on a very high pedestal, and I'm trying to forgive myself for the way I behaved. When I woke up today, I felt very inspired, and immediately sat down to draw without even having to push myself.

Homestuck: 3 of Cups

Quote:
A celebration of close friends and family, this card is about being emotionally in tune with those who are important to you. This card indicates happiness and energy born from emotional closeness.
Note: My dad and I have been talking a lot about my tarot readings, and I've always been extremely close and in tune with him. I also reached out to one of my closest friends in Colorado today, and Bailey (one of my little alters) has been talking to his closest internet friend (they just recently met, but he doesn't really have any other friends besides my partner's little alters, so he gets attached to people very quickly.) And yesterday, I was talking to my best internet friend, who is extremely important to me, and things are going really well in his life which makes me so, so happy!

Rider Waite: King of Cups

Quote:
Wise, Calm, Diplomatic, Caring, Tolerant.
The personality of the King of Cups is a combination of the positive water energy of the Cups suit and the active, outward focus of a King. He is wise and understanding, with a deep knowledge of the world that comes from the heart. He is a teacher and way-shower who guides his students with loving attention. He cares about others sincerely and always responds to their needs with compassion. He heals with a gentle touch and a quiet word. He is calm and relaxed in all situations, seeming to know intuitively what is called for at any moment. Others turn to him for advice because they know he will listen attentively. There is always a peacefulness around him that others respond to. He is tolerant of all points of view and shows patience in the most trying circumstances. He gives others freedom to grow and develop in their own ways without asking anything in return.

In readings, the King of Cups asks you to take the kinds of actions he might take. For example: responding calmly in a crisis, using diplomacy rather than force, reaching out to help, or accepting a different point of view. This King can also represent a man or woman who acts as he does, or an atmosphere of caring, tolerance and understanding. In a reading, he tells you that his special energy has meaning for you at this time. Let yourself be inspired by this King in whatever form he appears in your life.
Note: I haven't been feeling very calm today, so I guess this card is telling me to calm down a little. That's hard for me to do! I also feel like this card is representing my alter, Henry, who is the King of Cups of my system. He's always the one to listen intently to what people are saying, and the one to give rational, objective advice. So, I just need to find a way to bring him out more.

Diary entry:
went to sleep at 3am and woke up at 1pm... better than yesterday! tonight i'm hoping i'll go to sleep by midnight and wake up at 11am. i've been pretty productive! i actually showered and got dressed, then i drew two things. it's nice, i haven't drawn my OC Cupcake digitally in years! i used to sketch them all the time, but i really don't have very many digital drawings of them. i think it came out really well. i'm also glad that so far i've been keeping up with my outfits of the day and selfies. i'll be happy as long as i post either an OOTD, a selfie, or some art every day. hell, as long as i have one per month of each so i can put them in my end of the year summaries i'll be happy.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 01-14-2018 at 10:36 PM..