View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-17-2018, 08:00 PM

January 15
Prompt: Fur is
for animals. also, not even from a moral standpoint, i think wearing fur is super tacky.

Outfit of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
Past lives couldn't ever hold me down,
Lost love is sweeter when it's finally found.
I've got the strangest feeling this isn't our first time around.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: 6 of Pentacles

Quote:
We are in the present but in front of a precarious equilibrium, an alternation that swings like a pendulum between positive and negative. It could make our physical and economic situation unstable, while waiting for a solution and an ulterior evolution. It will be time, fluid and unilateral, never stopping, that will make the situation evolve and enable us to overcome eventual obstacles.
Advice of the Dead: Proceed with audacity and without haste, working hard and keeping yourself focused on the present. What you desire will arrive when the time is ripe.
Note: Another very accurate card from this deck today. I definitely feel like I'm in a place where I just need to wait and be present.

The Wild Unknown: 3 of Swords

Quote:
Betrayal, Heartbreak, Turmoil
A dark and complex card, the Three of Swords is rarely a welcome sight. Its wrath may come in the form of lies, betrayal, cheating, or heartbreak. There will be emotional entanglement and confusion. Do not try to make any decisions while in this state. Wait for your heart and spirit to mend.
Note: This card represents the way Therapist Sean feels right now about moving. It's not that he doesn't like the place we're moving to, it's just the feeling of having your home ripped away from you.

Twin Peaks: 5 of Swords

Quote:
Acting in your own self-interest, thinking of your own needs. Being in a hostile environment, choosing to battle, experiencing conflict. Losing your moral compass, letting ends justify means.
Note: Sometimes, one needs to act in their own self-interest. I did a lot of sticking up for myself and asserting my needs today. And there was a little hostility, mostly because I was grumpy and stressed.

Homestuck: 10 of Cups

Quote:
Brimming with experiences, this is the card of emotional maturity and growth. The building of a close-knit family by overcoming trials and maturing individually. This card predicts great emotional fulfillment and contentment.
Note: Great! :D

Rider Waite: 4 of Cups

Quote:
Self-Absorption, Apathy, Going Within
Those who enjoy kayaking and other river sports know that there are areas of the river where the water flows in a dangerous circular motion. Instead of moving forward, it turns back on itself. In the same way, we can get stuck in emotional hydraulics. The Four of Cups represents such periods of self-absorption.

If you are self-absorbed, you tend to refer everything back to yourself – your own interests and desires. On this card, we see a man who is unaware of the cup being offered to him. He misses this gift because he’s turned within. In readings, the Four of Cups can indicate that you are wrapped up for the moment in your own world.

In some situations, you must focus on yourself. When life is too stressful, you need to devote time and energy to yourself or you will feel swamped. The Four of Cups can represent a positive period of self-reflection and renewal. By taking the time to go within to dream, muse and reflect, you restore your emotional balance.

The Four of Cups is sometimes a sign of apathy. You don’t really care much about anything. Your life seems stale and flat because you’ve lost interest in the activities that used to bring you pleasure. You’re not motivated to make much of an effort in any direction. At such times, the Four of Cups can show that you’re stuck emotionally. You need something to focus on that will so engage your mind and heart that your path down river becomes clear again. Open yourself to your surroundings. Soon you will be on your way again.
Note: There's that 4 of Cups again. This is similar to the 5 of Swords I got in the Twin Peaks deck; I have been focusing on myself today. I'm not feeling apathetic or emotionally stuck, though.

Diary entry:
Got a brand new winter coat for really cheap, and it fits me perfectly and I love it a lot. It's really warm, but not super bulky. Then, Scout and I went furniture shopping again and finished up deciding on all of our furniture, and ordered most of it since they'll hold it for us until the apartment is finished. We also went and measured an apartment with the same layout as ours will be so we could start figuring out where we want to put things. I'm really happy, and I know where everything is going to go, but Scout is feeling really anxious, stressed, and sad about moving. He feels this way every time he moves. And he's having trouble figuring out where he'd put things. It makes me sad that he's sad when I'm so happy. :(
At one of the furniture stores, there was this giant horse statue, and apparently two people have actually bought the thing. It cost 20 thousand dollars. WTF??
Also, we got Wendy's for lunch. We never eat out, so it was a really nice treat. I got a spicy chicken sandwich and a tiny vanilla frosty, and it was delicious.