View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 AM

Eve laughed- an honest, genuine laugh at his whoop. Despite her best efforts to not smile or be too nice to the Marines... well, he sounded like home.

And she was a Pata lass, deep down underneath somewhere. Once she had danced in her green skirts on harvest day, her hair down as the drums beat and the fires roared...

But that was a long time ago. As the planet shrank behind them, she climbed even higher, turning her body towards the oncoming stars and the beauty of the sky.

It was lovely.

"CAPTAIN!" The voice of Mr. Mitchell boomed out from below, and Eve looked down- knowing that her time in the rigging was likely done for the day.

Reluctantly, she swung down from the rigging with great ease (leaving Paddy to follow as he saw fit), her feet landing on the deck once more with a graceful thud.

"Mr. Mitchell?" She asked, arms crossed. Mr. Mitchell smiled at his superior, inclining his head to the door below decks.

"You're needed in the engine room. I believe Mistress Green is in need of you, at your convenience Ma'am." This proclamation was answered with a raised eyebrow- the question went unasked. "Mistress Green said- and I quote- that my 'gorilla like meat hooks are not to come anywhere near her sexy beast.'"

"Hmm. She's in a good mood. Usually I expect more profanity." Captain Ghost seemed relaxed from her trip aloft- or at least, this was a regular enough occurance that it left her unruffled.

"I believe she also said 'the new assbiscuit was as fucking useful as a handbrake on a canoe.'"

"Lovely." Turning to the Marines that had likely heard every word, she inclined her head to them and turned to the door, heading down to the bowels of the ship.

Once she entered the steam-filled room, she stripped off her coat and hung it on a hook near the door, pulling back her curls into a high bun. She rolled up the sleeves on her white cotton shirt.

It was a well lit room, hot and steamy- and small. The engine roared around them, drowning out everything but shouted word.

A woman- a young blond, with wide and bright blue eyes and soft pale skin came out from underneath one of the quieter engines, jumping immediately to her feet. She was dressed in a pair of loose jeans and a tight tank top in black.

"'Bout damned time, Your Highness." The woman said, which was met by a smirk from

"Just a Captain, Lizzy."

"Och, of course, CAP'N. Isn't someone a bit big for her britches?"

"Shut your yap before I slug you and tell me what your calling me down here for?"

"Your ass-biscuit dropped a wrench down in one of cylinders and yer the only one teeny enough to get to it... Princess."

The banter was light heartened, and as Eve moved close to Amy Green it was easy to see that the two of them were close friends. Eve was smaller than Amy- who towered over the good Captain at 5'6.

Moving to the spot Amy indicated, Eve slid under the engine, getting to work.

Eve had gotten her start on engines as a child. Children- being plentiful and easy to replace- were often used to crawl into dangerous machinery and fix hard to reach spots.

When she had been sold off, she had started working with Amy under the stern hand of Master Fritz- the greatest engineer that had likely ever lived. The two had learned everything they could from their adopted father, and lived in close quarters with him. When Fritz died, Amy had taken his spot as lead engineer.

Eve had taken the Captain's position after the same battle. So, the two women who had been raised as sisters began to carve their own path across the stars.

Until they were caught and nearly hung.

Just managing to reach the wrench, she pulled it out and slid it out from the spot, tossing it out to Eve and checking for any damage.