View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM

Paddy stayed up top the rigging for a few moments after the captain left. He reached up and touched the force field around the ship. It rippled around his fingers like water. He chuckled under his breath and looked out toward Pata, shrinking in the distance. He raised his hand to his brow and saluted. It was his normal send off when he left the system. It was meant as a sign of respect, but also as a symbol of disrespect. People didn't salute on Pata. The people of Pata were nothing more than slaves to the Planeteers. It was the hard labor and servitude that gave Paddy his strength. But it was the master's that had taught him to be humble and grateful. He chuckled again and stretched before grabbing a rope and sliding his way down to the deck. His booted feet landed with a weighted thud.

Barnabas and Lukas watched as the captain disappeared below decks, raising an eyebrow at each other. Lukas shrugged and began to follow after her. They were joined shortly by Paddy, fresh from the rigging.

"What did you say to her, to make her run off so quickly?" Lukas said over his shoulder.

"Wot?" Paddy exclaimed, "I din say nothin' bad." He could normally reign in his accent - Lukas had been training him how to - but being around it with Eve had brought it out in full swing.

"Your definition of 'bad' is skewed."

"Lukas, stop giving him a hard time." Barnabas said, avoiding a pipeline. "you know as well as I that it has something to do with her mechanic."

"Aw, Barney I was just making him sweat."

"As we soon will be, I imagine. We're following her to the engine room after all." Barnabas began to undo his coat and his companions followed suit. It was rather warm. Barnabas and Lukas chose to, respectfully, keep there shirts on. Paddy had no such qualms and stripped off both his blue jacket and shirt. His muscled chest was dusted with red hair. They handed their clothing to a marine who trudged past them muttering bloody woman's crazy. how was I suppose to do that? Ship's so damn small. He took the jackets without a second thought and headed towards the sleeping chamber. Paddy held onto his shirt.

"Paddy..." Barnabas groaned pushing the large door open. The trio was hit with a thick cloud of steam and met with angry female voices.

"Er'thin' al'ight down 'ere cap'n?" Paddy said waltzing into the room, looking around. There was another woman in the room - the mechanic, they guessed. She seemed to be the source of the frustration. "Ain't ye a giant!" Paddy laughed towards the mechanic, who - while not near as tall as himself - towered over the captain. He flashed her a wicked grin ad chuckled. Lukas and Barnabas rolled their eyes.

"Might we be of assistance Eve?" Barnabas said, ignoring the familiarity that he used. He was answered by a wrench forcefully hitting his leg. "DAMN BLOODY WOMAN!" He ground out through clenched teeth. "We come here to help, and you assault us!" He hopped back and forth from each foot, not wanting to put the pressure on his leg.

Paddy and Lukas roared with laughter. "This nor'lly 'appen in yer engine room, lassy?" Paddy addressed the mechanic. "Surprised ye ain't more bruised and battahed."