View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-17-2014, 04:29 AM

Aiden wasn't making any sense. First he was asking her about what she had planned for tomorrow, and acting like she'd miss those things for some reason. And now he was asking about Matt? And her phone had gotten lost in the crash, what did that matter? He certainly was acting funny.

Becca shrugged. "My phone was in the Bronco, I think?" Maybe he was asking because he knew something she didn't. Maybe vampires were crafty like that. "Whatdya want to know about Matt? He's younger than me. Apparently acts older than me. Moved here last night because he dropped out of college, though I'm sure mom and dad don't know that part yet."

She thought for a moment and then shrugged again. "I don't know, why?" She saw his features change from unreadable, to something like anger, or disgust, and then back again. Was he thinking about Matt? Becca started to wonder about Aiden.

Just then, Matt could be heard coming down the stairs. "I guess you could ask him yourself," she said. Matt looked surprised as he noticed them in the kitchen. He pulled ear buds from his ears. "When did you get back?" he asked, looking between Becca, Sasha and Aiden.

There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Becca said, leaving Matt and Aiden alone. When she opened the front door, her bestie was there. She smiled, a funny smile; something in between happiness to see Onyx and guilt knowing that Onyx was probably upset with her. Was she going to get an Onyx ear full?

"I'm really sorry," Becca said before Onyx could get a word in. She glanced over her shoulder at the boys in the kitchen and lowered her voice to a whisper. "I promise I'll explain later." She stepped aside to let Onyx in, closing the door behind her.