Thread: Disney Movies!
View Single Post
MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-17-2016, 02:44 AM

Well disney fails at their animated movies half the time anyways. I greatly dislike most Disney princess movies because they teach children absolutely nothing. Like sure their are small hits at the value of friendship and don't be mean to others, but they also try to make it seem like a girl NEEDS to be saved by a prince. The only good movies that actually showed a strong and independent female lead were Brave and Tangled (out of the movies that I've seen, there are a few that I haven't, but that number is very small). But these are only in the terms of animated movies, they do a decent job with their other movies and trying to enforce gender equality. I mean look at what they are doing with Star Wars and making a female lead in Rouge, I'm excited to see where that goes.

There is of course only one disney movie that I will ever love completely and that is any Alice in Wonderland movie, especially the newer ones. But either animation or real people, they do a great job with showing Alice being a strong and independent person.