View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 PM

83. Sick (cont of Safety)

Morigan sat in the bed she had been given. Her newborn child dozed in her arms. While she held the child tightly, her attention was not on him, but the green eyed young man who was seated in a chair by her bedside. Even this did not interest her, for she thought only of the vision she had seen and the way the young man's eyes never left her sleeping child.

"Weaver, is that what they call you in this country? Seers born of mortals that bind the strings of fate?"

"Yes, my lady, but you may call me Heso if it pleases you."

"Weaver," she tasted the word like a poison in her mouth. His green eyes met hers, "I wonder that you should use such sacred power to do such evil. To destroy a pair of lovers that cared not for the world that had abandoned us, how can you live with the knowledge of what you have done?"

"It is the nature of this world my lady, but, if it is any consolation, if you are in need of anything, I will provide for you as long as you are here."

"Such was to be the role of my husband!" She spat at him, but she checked herself as her child squirmed in her arms. She stroked his delicate cheeks until he fell back into slumber, "All I want, is to return to my people."

"I cannot allow that."

"And why not? Is it because you have seen something? You have not taken your eyes off of him since he was born."

He looked away guiltily, "Forgive me my lady, I did not mean to offend you."

That sat in stiff silence for a moment's time. "I have seen a vision of my own Weaver." he met her eyes and she was satisfied by the trace of fear that lay behind those emerald colored orbs, "And you shall not come any closer to my son than you already have."

"Very well," He rose and crossed to the doorway. He was about to leave, but stopped and looked to her one last time, "I will say only this. All visions can be misinterpreted. After all, your mother did not think you would love when she sent you to this place." He turned away, "If you have need of anything, please call out." With that he left her.