View Single Post
serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM

Yeah, sadly in the US we have to either pay for our education, or get loans to pay for them now and then 6 months after we graduate, we have to start paying them all back. I did my Political Science Senior project researching the Finnish education system, and ended up learning a lot about that one and most of the other European systems. Which are very similar.

I hate how we're told to go do something, go to school to get the job and such. But, at the same time, our federal government here makes us have to pay so much we can't afford it without putting ourselves in 10s of thousands of dollars in debt. If I continued the way I was originally, my boyfriend and I would have had over $60k (over 385,000 krona) in debt to pay off just from my education alone. Even with me coming home and doing it from home, we'll still have to pay off almost that amount.
Now with me going home and living with my dad while I finish my Master's (till I move out), I will be saving almost $10,000 (over 64,000 Krona) just from housing alone.
The tuition is $10,000 each semester alone at this school.

Oh note: I'm going for my Graduate degree. I already have my bachelor's, but still.

It doesn't help that I'm also working almost 15hr a week and was pulling a full courseload. I'm still working almost as much, but got so far behind in my classes, I'm at the point where I don't know how/if I'll be able to catch up and not completely fail. And then waste more money.