View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 AM

Part Three
Shina had barely gone two steps when a cheery voice called out from the other side of the gate. "Hey Shina! Are you all set for some adventure?" Jack, a warrior of the village stepped into view and winked. Shina gaped at him in open astonishment. He was so hot. All the girls had a crush on him. "What? You think old Terk over there would let you go alone? I don't think so." He walked up to her, put an arm around her shoulders, and propelled her forward.

"So your coming too?" Shina asked hesitantly.

"I sure am," replied Jack with a thumbs up and big grin.

"I see. In that case, will you hold this a second?" She pushed the jar into Jack's hands and skipped to the edge of the path. Since the woods were, well, woods there wasn't many patches of flowers. However, they had walked right beside one and she meant to get some of the pretty pink and purple flowers. Jack watched tolerantly as she picked a few and returned. She gave him a happy smile, "So let's go on."

"Not yet. It is your jar, you will have to carry it." Jack said mildly.

"Oh. Then what about my flowers?" asked Shina with a disappointed voice.

"That is for you to figure out. Consider it your first challenge on this quest to the shrine," Jack said theatrically.

Shina giggled and knodded. Looking between the jar and her flowers, she thought a moment. Then with an "aha" she placed the flowers in the jar and took the jar back. She beamed up at Jack who tossled her hair in approval. "Now we can go on," Jack said.