View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-06-2016, 01:52 AM

Lucy noticed James as he walked up to her. She continued to busy herself with sweeping, but when he spoke, she stopped what she was doing and looked at him. "Hi, James. I just had a rough morning, I guess." Lucy tried to hide her hands behind her back. Hoping he wouldn't see the blood on her fingers and get the wrong idea. "Just boy problems..." She added.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Jack came through the door. She didn't say hi to her brother, but he greeted her anyway,

"Hey, Lucy!" Jack called. He approached her quickly and have her a hug. She did not return it and instead only stared at her younger brother with an almost blank expression. Then, Jack spoke again, "I'm going to hang out a little bit. Hey, who's this?" Jack asked as he turned to looked at James. Lucy groaned that her younger brother was putting her on the spot like this.

She cleared her throat. "Jack, this is James. James, this is my younger brother."

Jack smiled and then told his sister he'd go sit at a table and figure out what to order.