View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 PM

"Wow," the sound of applause followed. "You are smoother than a bar of butter." The drow that now appeared beside Kev swept the grass away and shook his head. "You might want to change your pants." His lip hitched to reveal a semi-growl. "The green is not flattering."

Kev, still mortified by the whole thing, just stood there with his jaw hanging. "I... I..."

"I saw the whole thing. You did everything fine. It was just a little mishap when," his gaze shot to Ruine, "you need to play on his side. You're little stunt docked him points. You like the pretty redhead? Be nice. You're going to have to do all the work in this relationship. Kev," his glance shifted to the brunette, "well he needs all the help he can get."

He tried not to laugh, but he knew Saith was right. With a nod, he moved inside to change while Saith fixed the gate and Ruine just watched the drow. Ruine was always drawn to the man, almost like she was to Silvana. It also helped that she knew he brought a peppermint. He always gave her one if she did good so the horse galloped around like a love-struck pony.

"Yeah, you're not getting this," he said while texting. "Not unless you win."

It was around that time that Kev had returned. The competition was starting and Kev wasn't up yet so the two boys took some time to go over their less than awesome day.

"So how was lunch... traitor."

"Amazing. Couldn't have been better."

"What?! Laid already?" Kev growled while pouting. "How come I'm never this lucky."

"No you moron. We just had lunch. Nothing else. Well, I volunteered to help her but... yeah."

"But yeah, what?"

"That blew up in my face. She called me out and I walked out. Let's just say I don't think this one's going to work."

"But you seemed to excited. You never blow me off."

"She's... definitely different." Saith found himself smiling and Kevlar was completely aware of it too.

"Sounds like a hell of a woman. Listen, if you messed up, run back to her. Tell her you're sorry and fix things. I'll be fine. I don't need you watching me. You've been to every match and practice. I think you can sit one out."

"Not gonna happen. I saw what just happened between you two. I'm not going to leave you sitting here to ponder your life away. After this thing, you, me, some beer."

"Pizza too?"

"Pizza too."

"Invite your girlfriend over?"

Saith rubbed his neck. "Yeah, I don't think she's interested."

"Invite the hot redhead over?"

"She has my number but I didn't stick around to get hers."

"Damn, you must really like this woman if you're not taking numbers."

"Heh, yeah. Frankly, I just want to reverse time and make it so I never ran into her."

"Saith's been bitten and now he's smitten." Kev let out a romantic sigh. "Well I have faith in you. Just give it time and things will come around. If anyone can make a girl come crawling back to him, it's you."

Pounding fists, the two watched the competition for a bit.