View Single Post
monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-22-2018, 11:42 AM

monstahh`s mental health care Do's and Don'ts

DO NOT:
-Raise your voice loudly, it scares the hecks out of me and causes me to become agitated and usually upset/anxious
-Instruct me how to deal with my illness, I'm doing fine, thanks. Unless I'm not, in which case I can probably tell YOU what I need
-Feed into my delusions; I don't need your help if I'm already that far gone. I need medication and sleep.
-If I am upset please don't get upset on my behalf, I will fizzle out in a few minutes, at most an hour or two. DO: Leave me be, but offer to be there if I need something, like a glass of juice or a hug.
-Don't touch me without asking/warning/there's an emergency where I need your help (choking, seizure, etc)
-Wake me up unless there is an emergency or I told you to (I need my sleep or I become bitchzilla)

General Do's:
-Speak softly
-If I'm upset or anxious, try to stay calm or at least appear calm until the "worst" is over, because then I can comfort you, but I can't do it while I'm already upset/anxious, and I will feed off your emotions like an emotional vampire
-Polite reminders to take my medication if I'm about to go to bed are fine
-Ask me how I'm doing, but be prepared for a possible speech (if you don't want a speech don't ask)
-Be understanding if I say I am tired and going to bed or can't talk right now, I will most of the time put things down for other people, but if I say I can't talk, I can't talk, or rather, really shouldn't. But I will get back to you later when I am not having an issue.

I'm kinda tired right now tbh because I couldn't sleep, so if this makes little to no sense or is too specific, I'm sorry.